|Primary Skills||Smithing, Speech, One-handed, Pickpocket|
|Essential||Yes, until Glory of the Dead is completed|
|Faction(s)||CompanionsCirclePlusKodlak; CompanionsCircle; CompanionsFactionMinusBrillAndVignar; GuardFaction (makes an actor a guard); Heavy Armor Trainer; PotentialFollowerFaction; PotentialMarriageFaction; The Companions (Cohort); TownWhiterunFaction; WIAdditem03ExclusionFaction|
As children, the two were rescued from a band of necromancers by a man named Jergen, who then raised them as Companions. Farkas appears morally ambivalent about being a werewolf, and is hesitant to use his Beast Form.
He can be loose with his tongue, often showing impertinence to his elders. However, he warms up quickly to you when met, and is quick to protect his friends.
He offers both miscellaneous quests and master level training in Heavy Armor. During the journey to Ysgramor's Tomb, Farkas will refuse to accompany you past the outer chambers, admitting that he has developed a fear of giant spiders following your initiation trial in the quest Proving Honor.
 Related Quests
- Glory of the Dead: Cure Kodlak's spirit and become leader of the Companions.
- Proving Honor: Claim a Fragment of Wuuthrad from Dustman's Cairn.
- Take Up Arms: Prove you are worthy to join the Companions.
- Dragon Seekers: Go to a dragon lair with Farkas or Vilkas and kill the dragon.
- Hired Muscle: Fulfill a contract for the Companions to bring a citizen back in line.
- Purity: Help a member of the Circle give up their beasthood.
- Trouble in Skyrim: Fulfill a contract for the Companions to clear out a troublesome area.
- The Bonds of Matrimony: Find someone in Skyrim to marry.
- Rebuilding the Blades: Recruit new members for the Blades.
- Farkas is in the faction GuardFaction (makes an actor a guard). This makes him chase you on sight when you have a high bounty in any given hold.
- Farkas's class is "TrainerHeavyArmorMaster", which results in mismatches between his skills and his default equipment.
- Farkas means "wolf" in Hungarian.
- Although Farkas's default weapon is governed by the two-handed skill, he is more proficient with one-handed weapons.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; see above.
- Farkas is initially armed with a Skyforge Steel Greatsword, but will lose it during Proving Honor. See that quest's page for details and a solution.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Farkas may get stuck in an animation loop when he is supposed to guide you to the sleeping area of Jorrvaskr. Simply leave the living quarters and return.
- Sometimes after Glory of the Dead, Farkas will follow you and there is no speech option that lets you part ways with him.
- Sometimes Farkas follows you and initiates conversation repeatedly. If you are far enough in the Companions quest line, you can ask him to follow you and then tell him to part ways and he stops.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|