Skyrim:Fetch me that Book!
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can only receive from the following person:
|Urag gro-Shub||The Arcanaeum (Winterhold)|
The book that you are asked to find is randomly selected from the following list. The book is located in the boss-level chest of any dungeon in the game, meaning that your destination is randomly selected from over 140 possible dungeons.
- Arcana Restored
- Brothers of Darkness
- Children of the Sky
- Chronicles of Nchuleft
- Cleansing of the Fane
- Fragment: On Artaeum
- Glories and Laments
- Hanging Gardens
- Invocation of Azura
- Last King of the Ayleids — (NOT the similarly named The Last King of the Ayleids, even though the text is identical.)
- The Legendary Scourge
- Souls, Black and White
- N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis!
- The Old Ways
- War of the First Council
- The Waters of Oblivion
- The Wild Elves
- The Wolf Queen, v6
The books in the list are never skill books, and the monetary reward you get from Urag for returning a book is very small in proportion to the amount of work required to fetch it. However, this quest should be regarded as a means for locating dungeons in Skyrim. The various loot you find in the dungeons will be considerably more valuable than the book.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Urag gro-Shub.
- Retrieve the requested book.
- Return to Urag gro-Shub.
- If Dragonborn is installed, some radiant locations may be on Solstheim. If you are in Skyrim, you will not receive a quest marker pointing you to the quest location, but must travel to Solstheim first (at which point any quest markers you have to quests in Skyrim will lose their quest markers).
- The two different quest IDs correspond to two nearly identical quests. In particular, the lists of possible books and lists of possible dungeons are the same for both quests. The only difference is Urag's dialogue throughout the quest.
- Success may make you Blood-Kin with the Orcs (if you aren't already).
- If you find the book before activating the quest, you will be stuck with it. The quest will point to the chest, and the book won't be there, and can't be returned. Once this has happened, you will be stuck with any additional copies you pick up as well, even if you activate the quest before getting a second copy.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
player.drop "book ID" "quantity"to drop and retake the book to complete the quest.
- If there is no quest marker pointing you to the book's location, the book may be located in The Katariah, in which case the book can not be reached until the quest Hail Sithis! begins.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The quest marker may point to the Thalmor Embassy instead of Shadowgreen Cavern, which is right next door.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table:
- MGR20: 0.
- MGR20B: 0.