|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Ingun Black-Briar.
- Gather 20 Deathbells, 20 Nirnroot, and 20 Nightshade.
- Return them to Ingun.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Ingun is a promising student of alchemy, but has a tendency to get carried away with her experiments. As such, she has almost depleted Elgrim's stock of rare ingredients. She needs you to hunt down 20 Deathbells, 20 Nirnroot, and 20 Nightshade.
 Notable Harvest Locations
||Grows in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch and Haafingar, including a number of specimens in both Morthal and Solitude. Planted specimens can be found in the Honeyside and Alchemist's Shack gardens, as well as Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian. There are also quite a few plants growing near each city's Hall of the Dead or graveyard.
||Grows near water anywhere. Sarethi Farm and Evergreen Grove have two notable clutches. Also on the shoreline and islands north of Solitude, anywhere from 6-9 plants. Make sure to go during the night as they give off light and are easy to find then. If Dragonborn is installed, you can find several samples around the coast of Solstheim, especially in the northeast.
||Grows in places of death. Check the cemeteries at Riften, Falkreath, and Solitude. Also, Hamvir's Rest has quite a few Nightshade, and there are four just outside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary west of Falkreath. If you have the Dawnguard add-on, you can find several samples in Volkihar Keep and Volkihar Courtyard.
When you are done gathering these ingredients, bring them to her to claim your reward.
She will reward you with leveled amount of gold (listed in the table below) for each set of ingredients brought to her, as well as access to her supply chest after finding all the ingredients. The chest is found in the back of Elgrim's Elixirs, and she will restock it with 2 - 5 random leveled potions every few days.
- Each set of ingredients can be turned in separately for reward.
- After turning in all three sets, speak to her again for a new dialogue option that will grant you the key to her restocking supply chest.
- It is possible to give the items to Ingun Black-Briar then quickly exit out of the conversation and enter the item menu then drop the items. The quest log will show "Find 20 <item name> for Ingun Black-Briar (0/20)". However as soon as Ingun is told "That was the last of the ingredients" the quest will update accordingly.
 Quest Stages
|Few and Far Between (FreeformRiften04)
||(Objective is assigned): Find 20 nirnroot for Ingun Black-Briar (<Global=FFR04NirnCount>/<Global=FFR04NirnTotal>)
(Objective is assigned): Find 20 nightshade for Ingun Black-Briar (<Global=FFR04NightshadeCount>/<Global=FFR04NightshadeTotal>)
(Objective is assigned): Find 20 deathbell for Ingun Black-Briar (<Global=FFR04DeathbellCount>/<Global=FFR04DeathbellTotal>)
||(Objective is assigned): Speak to Ingun Black-Briar
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 30, 40, 50, 200, 250.