|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can receive from any of the following people.
|Quest Giver||Quest Giver Home||Dialogue Trigger||Additional Benefit †|
|Benor||Guardhouse (Morthal)||"Best Warrior in Morthal, huh?"||Marry, Follower, Blades|
|Chief Burguk||Burguk's Longhouse, Dushnikh Yal (The Reach)||"Any work to be done in the stronghold?"||Master Trainer in One-handed|
|Chief Larak||Larak's Longhouse, Mor Khazgur (The Reach)||"Any work to be done in the stronghold?"||Master Trainer in Block|
|Chief Mauhulakh||Mauhulakh's Longhouse, Narzulbur (Eastmarch)||"Any work to be done in the stronghold?"|
|Cosnach||The Warrens (Markarth)||"You say something about a bet?"||Marry, Follower, Blades|
|Rolff Stone-Fist||Candlehearth Hall (Windhelm)||"I don't like your attitude."|
|Uthgerd the Unbroken||Uthgerd's House (Whiterun)||"You think you can take me on?"||Marry, Follower, Blades, StewardHF|
 Quick Walkthrough
Note: This quest does not appear in your journal.
- Speak to the quest giver.
- Challenge them to a brawl.
- Win the brawl.
- Speak to them again.
 Detailed Walkthrough
If you talk to one of the quest givers they will eventually challenge you to a brawl. The dialogue and circumstances vary from person to person and are listed in the table above. Accepting the challenge means that you place a 100 gold bet on the outcome. You must then brawl them and win. Standard brawling rules apply and use of things such as hostile magic, shouts, and weapons will instantly change it from a brawl to a criminal assault.
Brawling should be relatively easy if you're wearing any armor and have gained at least a few levels. Only low level players on higher difficulties may have issues with winning a brawl. If you are having problems, use some potions and spells with lingering effects and don't forget about racial powers. It may be of use as well to read more in-depth information on unarmed combat. You do not gain any experience from the unarmed combat during a brawl, although you may gain experience in armor skills.
You can only win a brawl with any given person once. If you lose the brawl, you will not get your money back, although you will be able to get a rematch.
100 gold for winning the brawl (plus your money back).
- The potential quest givers are identified based on membership in the Favor017QuestGiverFaction faction.
- Winning the brawl will raise the disposition of the challenger. This will allow you to take low-value items they own, and they may become available as followers or potential marriage partners. See individual NPC pages for details.
- There are other quests that simply involve brawling such as Bloody Nose that are in fact separate from this one despite being nearly identical in nature.
- Wearing the Ebony Mail or using a cloaking spell will also count as assault. However, using Ahzidal's Armor of RetributionDB does not.
- When you engage in a brawl, viewing NPCs become immersed and tend to run around the fight. This can be quite annoying, as they can potentially run between you and your combatant which can lead you to accidentally punching one of the excited onlookers, which counts as an assault.
- Although your opponent may say "No magic," you can, in fact, use magic on yourself, such as healing, wards, or armor spells. However, using spells on your opponent, even beneficial spells like Healing Hands, will count as assault and add to your bounty.
- You can use the shield bash to "punch" your opponent.
 Quest Stages
- All of the quest stages are empty: 0, 10, 20, 200.