|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Madesi in his stall in Riften.
- Gather one mammoth tusk, one gold ore, and two flawless sapphires.
- Return to Madesi.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Through speaking with Madesi, you learn that he is planning to create a new piece of jewelry and needs help gathering the necessary supplies. He requires two flawless sapphires, one mammoth tusk, and one piece of gold ore.
Mammoth tusks can be looted from slain mammoths, as well as bought from some merchants or hunters. Three guaranteed samples can be found in the College of Winterhold's Arcanaeum; eight guaranteed samples can be found in Halted Stream Camp.
Gold ore can be found randomly in containers or in buildings, but an easy place to find some is by mining some in Kolskeggr Mine. You can return the items to Madesi as you find them, or all at once. He will give you 100 gold for each item returned (i.e., 200 for the two sapphires). Once you've returned them all, Madesi will thank you with a leveled necklace.
- Completing this quest counts towards your eligibility for becoming Thane of the Rift.
- Try not to purchase the items for this quest, as the cost of buying the items can outweigh the reward for returning them.
- Halted Stream Camp is the location of a bounty quest, possible location of a Dungeon Delving quest from Amren, and possible location of the Amulet of the Moon quest, making it easy to complete multiple quests at once if you choose to find your mammoth tusk there.
- There are no quest markers for delivering the items back to Madesi.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
 Quest Stages
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|20||(Objective is assigned): Find 2 flawless sapphires for Madesi (<Global=FFR18GemCount>/<Global=FFR18GemTotal>)
(Objective is assigned): Find a mammoth tusk for Madesi (<Global=FFR18TuskCount>/<Global=FFR18TuskTotal>)
(Objective is assigned): Find gold ore for Madesi (<Global=FFR18OreCount>/<Global=FFR18OreTotal>)
|30||(Brought two flawless sapphires; reward: 200 gold.)|
|40||(Brought a mammoth tusk; reward: 100 gold.)|
|50||(Brought a chunk of gold ore; reward: 100 gold.)|
|60||(Objective is assigned): Speak to Madesi|
|(As needed - no stage)||(Objective is assigned): Bring the flawless sapphires to Madesi
(Objective is assigned): Bring the mammoth tusks to Madesi
(Objective is assigned): Bring the gold ore to Madesi
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 200, 250.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|