Skyrim:Dungeon Delving (Jarl - Caves)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Obtain quest from Korir, the Jarl of Winterhold.
- Journey to the target location.
- Retrieve the Helm of Winterhold.
- Return to Korir with the Helm.
- You're the Jarl? I'm looking for work.
- "Winterhold has lost much of its history, and with that much of its power. I aim to change that. I've heard rumors of the resting place of the Helm of Winterhold, the very same helm that Jarl Hanse wore in the First Era. Hanse was in line to be High King of Skyrim, you know. Having that might get the ear of the other Holds and give me some authority."
Once you've agreed to find it, head to the location marked on your map, and head to the boss chest, where you will find the Helm. The location will be randomly selected from the following: Driftshade Refuge, Fort Fellhammer, Hela's Folly, Hob's Fall Cave, Ironbind Barrow, Pride of Tel Vos, Saarthal, Snow Veil Sanctum, Yngol Barrow, Yngvild.
After you have retrieved the helm, return to Korir to receive your reward.
- The journal entry for Driftshade Refuge is listed as Driftshade Sanctuary.
- You cannot get this quest if Korir is not Jarl of Winterhold.
- If this quest sends you to Yngol Barrow, it breaks the associated quest, causing Yngol's Shade, the Helm of Yngol and the skeleton it rests upon not to appear as intended.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- This quest commonly conflicts with Purity of Revenge, causing one or the other to be unable to start until the other is completed.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.9 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- The quest may, through unknown conditions, become repeatable: pointing you to different locations every time it is given.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If you have initiated this quest but subsequently went on to finish the Reunification of Skyrim questline for the Imperial Legion, Korir will be replaced as the jarl and be relocated to Brunwulf Free-Winter's house in Windhelm. If you try to give him the helm after he has been replaced, he is continuously locked up in the house, and picking the lock will only result in him telling you you're trespassing. There is no way to finish the quest and you are stuck with the helmet in your inventory, as it cannot be dropped since it's a quest item.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The quest can be completed by talking to him around 4:30pm. The door will be unlocked.
- The quest can be completed by attacking and luring Korir outside, calming him, and then speaking with him before he heads back inside. This will incur a bounty.
- Alternatively, open up the console, click on the jarl and then type
Addtofaction 0005A1A4 1into the box. This adds an NPC to the player ally faction, which will make a normally hostile NPC be non-hostile. This should allow you to complete the quest.
- You can also finish the quest by typing
setstage Favor158 20. This will also remove the helmet from your inventory.
- Jarl Korir may not give a dialogue option to start this quest.
- Some reports suggest that the quest is flagged as completed as soon as one gain access to the College.
- Starting the quest via console does not work. You can bypass this quest and still become Thane of Winterhold on PC with
setrelationshiprank 1c1b5 2.
|Dungeon Delving (Jarl - Caves) (Favor158)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Find Helm of Winterhold inside <Alias=Dungeon>
Objective 15: Return Helm of Winterhold to Korir
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 200.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|