|1st||Weakness to Shock|
Void Salts are dropped by storm atronachs.
49 guaranteed samples can be found in 32 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 4 in Proudspire Manor (Solitude)
- 3 in Angeline's Aromatics (Solitude)
- 3 in the Arch-Mage's Quarters (College of Winterhold)
- 3 in the Blue Palace (Solitude)
- 3 in Hjerim (Windhelm)
- 3 in Honeyside (Riften)
- 2 in Arcadia's Cauldron (Whiterun)
- 2 in Solitude Blacksmith (Solitude)
- 2 in the Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen's Solar (Haafingar)
- 2 in Vittoria Vici's House (Solitude)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
 Related Quests
- Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain. (radiant)
- During this quest, you are asked to locate fine-cut void salts. These are just standard void salts (including same FormID), except given a different name. They appear under void salts during potion creation, and can be mixed with normal void salts.
- Hunting and GatheringDB: Collect a rare alchemy ingredient for Elynea Mothren.
- 1 sample is needed for this quest.
- 1 sample of void salts is needed at workbenches to improve Nightingale armor, Nightingale boots, Nightingale gloves, or Nightingale hood (requires the Arcane Blacksmith perk).
- Void salts are needed at the Atronach Forge to create various storm atronach-related items, namely: a hostile storm atronach, a Scroll of Conjure Storm Atronach, a Staff of the Storm Atronach, or a Spell Tome: Conjure Storm Atronach.
- Void salts are also one of 4 items needed at the Atronach Forge to create random enchanted Daedric armor (requires the Sigil Stone).
- Fine-cut void salts may cause all of your regular void salts to be unusable to upgrade blacksmithing items such as the nightingale armor.
- To fix this, simply give the fine-cut void salts to Captain Wayfinder in Dawnstar.
- Alternatively, remove all of your void salts (as they all have the same id) by using the command
player.removeitem 3AD60 X(
Xbeing how many you have both fine-cut and regular combined). Then type
player.additem 3AD60 Xto get them back. You should now be able to use your void salts again.
- Combining void salts with the fine-cut void salts will consume two void salts from your ordinary void salt pile, so long as you have two that can be consumed, allowing you to keep the fine-cut void salts. Doing this reveals all four effects of the void salts.