||Fire and Forget
|Appears in random loot at level
- Cast on a nearby surface, it explodes for 50 points of frost damage when enemies come near.
Frost Rune is an apprentice level destruction spell that creates a rune which will explode when enemies come near, causing frost damage to health and stamina. You can't cast it just anywhere. When you press the cast button, the cross-hair will let you know if you are pointing at a valid surface within range. If it is red, then you can't cast the spell there.
- You can only have one Rune of any type active at a time. Casting another one will negate the first.
- You and your followers and summons will not set off your own Frost Runes, but there are some quest-specific followers that are not "official" followers who can set them off. You can usually tell if when sneaking in front of them, you get the open-eye symbol indicating that you're being watched. Avoid using rune spells in these situations.
- Even your official followers can also still be hurt by Frost Runes if they are nearby when an enemy sets them off.
- While the spell is intended to be used as a delayed-reaction trap, you don't necessarily have to use it that way. You can cast it directly under an enemy's feet, and it will go off right away, giving you in effect a ranged instant frost spell which can't miss.
- You can set off Frost Runes (your own or others) using any other Destruction spell from a distance.