Skyrim:Frostflow Abyss (quest)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Arrive in the Frostflow Lighthouse noting Ramati's corpse lying near a chaurus corpse.
- Investigate around the lighthouse living areas reading the family's journals.
- Retrieve the cellar key from the burial urn on the mantle.
- Search for the remaining family members in Frostflow Abyss.
- Kill the family's attackers.
- Take Habd's remains to the lighthouse brazier.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Frostflow Lighthouse
While traveling the area between Dawnstar and Winterhold, you might see a lighthouse icon on their map. Following it will lead you to a secluded lighthouse. A dead horse lies in front of the structure, and there's a work shed behind it with a few potions.
Upon entering, you will see a ransacked room ahead of you, with locked doors to your left and right. Moving forward will activate the quest. Search Ramati's corpse for the first journal indicating what went on here. You'll find the corpse of a chaurus in front of the fireplace. Inspecting the other rooms for journals will lead you to the key to the basement in the burial urn above the fireplace. Head down carefully, as there are bear traps, and you'll be confronted by two chaurus. Kill them and proceed into Frostflow Abyss.
 Frostflow Abyss
Frostflow Abyss comprises a network of icy caves under the lighthouse, populated by Falmer, chaurus, and frostbite spiders. Follow the tunnels and eventually you will reach a slightly larger room with a raised bridge across the center. To your right you will see a fence and gate, behind which are the remains of Sudi, clutching a couple of notes about her father. Keep following the path up onto the raised area, and drop from the western side to continue. The tunnel ends with a drop into a round room with a couple of chaurus at the bottom and plenty of egg sacs. Drop down using the ledges, or dispatch the chaurus from above. Continue through the watery, chaurus-filled tunnels until you reach a large cave with a huge chaurus reaper sat on an island at the eastern end, along with two regular chaurus. Kill the reaper, and the quest will complete. Loot the corpse to collect Habd's remains, and Habd's Lighthouse Key.
Follow the path up from the left, and eventually you will drop into the first part of the Abyss. Re-enter the lighthouse, and using the lighthouse key proceed to the top of the lighthouse. Use Habd's Lighthouse Key to loot the chest there, then climb the ladder to activate the brazier and you will be granted the active effect of Sailor's Repose, which will increase the effectiveness of your healing spells.
- For players that use Alchemy, the Frostflow Abyss is an excellent source of chaurus eggs and glowing mushrooms.
- Using the Animal Allegiance shout makes this quest incredibly easy to complete since it will cause every chaurus in range (including chaurus reapers) to become harmless and attack other chaurus that remain hostile to you. Any chaurus under the effect of Animal Allegiance can also easily be killed with sneak attacks.
- As you walk through the main floor of the light house you can clearly hear the chaurus below making scratching sounds referenced in many of the families' journals.
- If you clear Frostflow Abyss before the quest is started, you won't be able to actually finish the quest.
setstage dunFrostflowAbyssQST 100in the console doesn't seem to fix this problem.
- Using the console and typing
setstage dunFrostflowAbyssQST 90will complete this quest and remove it from your Miscellaneous Quests.
- On approaching the lighthouse, some followers may refer to it as a cave, saying "Hmm. Caves. Wonder what's below."
 Quest Stages
|Frostflow Abyss (dunFrostflowAbyssQST)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|5||(Objective is assigned): Find the source of the murders in Frostflow Lighthouse|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 7, 10, 20, 21, 22, 90, 95
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|