A view from outside Sunderstone Gorge
Sunderstone Gorge is a heavily trapped narrow cave system inhabited by warlocks, located west of Bloated Man's Grotto. It contains several varieties of fire traps and a word wall which teaches part of the Fire Breath shout. An unusual gem is located on the large stone bier in front of the word wall.
 Related Quests
 Ore Locations
- Just as you enter the tunnels where the rain begins to fall, there's a flame spout trap trigger on the floor and a silver ore vein on the ground next to it.
- There are three silver ore veins in the side passage where rain falls into the gorge, near the drop-exit passage.
- A potion and coin purse can be found on a small ledge just behind the swinging mammoth skull trap.
- A copy of the Conjuration skill book 2920, Frostfall, v10 is found in the room with the word wall.
- A human heart can be found inside a cast iron pot on the bookshelf next to the alchemy lab after the word wall.
- In addition to the frequent patches of oil throughout the dungeon, there is a circle of oil before the stairs leading up into the room with the final chest. Lighting this circle and waiting for the flames to burn down will result in a Flame Atronach being summoned through a portal.[verification needed — see talk page]
- This place is referred to as "Greywater Gorge" in game letters and your quest journal.
- When you get to the word wall you may encounter a bug where the word absorbs as normal but doesn't appear in the shout menu and you cannot unlock it. This is permanent.