- Undead up to level 35 entering the circle will flee. Caster heals 20 health per second inside it.
Guardian Circle is a master level Restoration spell, which will cause any undead up to level 35 who enter the circle to flee from combat for 30 seconds, and also heal the caster while inside the circle.
- Guardian Circle, 35 pts for 60 secs
- Necromage, increases duration to 90 seconds and affects undead up to level 43.
- The fear duration is independent from the circle's duration, i.e.: If an undead creature enters the circle after 59 seconds, it will still flee for a full 30 seconds, even though the circle itself has expired.
- The circle does not move with the caster, but stays where it is when cast for 60 seconds. There is no requirement that the caster remain within the circle to keep it going. However, you will not receive healing unless you are in the circle.
- The circle will not heal your allies or anyone else, only the caster. Also, unlike standard healing spells, it will not heal stamina, even with the Respite perk.
- You can only have at one Guardian Circle active at a time. Casting a second will dispel the first. However, you can cast it along with a Circle of Protection, and have both running at once.
- Colette is supposed to sell this spell after Restoration Ritual Spell has been completed, but it may not be available for sale.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The book is added to Colette's inventory after the quest until the next inventory reset. Not all players have been able to find it—reloading and redoing the quest may help.[verification needed]
- At any time after the Augur's test, enter the following command into the console to make the book available:
set MGRitualRestBook to 0. If Tolfdir incorrectly has Mass Paralysis and you wish to get rid of it, enter:
set MGRitualAltBook to 100. [verification needed — Why are we talking about Tolfdir in this note?] In either case, you may have to wait for the merchant's inventory to reset.