Skyrim:Halted Stream Camp
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|HaltedStreamCamp01, HaltedStreamCampExterior01, HaltedStreamCampExterior02|
|North of Whiterun|
|# of Tanning Racks||2|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||2|
|# of Corundum||1|
|# of Iron||16|
 Related Quests
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo. (radiant)
- Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a bandit hideout. (radiant)
The camp is surrounded by a palisade wall, with the north side protected by a rocky hill. The bandits are poaching and butchering mammoths here as evidenced by a shack with a mammoth's skeleton. Four bandits keep watch over the camp, using raised platforms around the perimeter. A tanning rack, wood chopping block, and grindstone can be found within the camp. There are two chests, one of which is trapped.
As you first descend into the mine you will find a lone bandit mining, who is carrying a key for the mine. On opening the locked door and descending deeper, you will find the main chamber, where two bandits and a bandit chief await. After passing through this chamber, a tunnel leads back up to Skyrim, but beware of a fire trap that lies in your path. Through this exit lies an impassable barrier of wooden spikes at the bottom of a deep shaft, though there may be minor loot to be found.
It contains an unusually high 16 Iron Ore veins and 1 Corundum Ore vein. At the very end of the mine you can find a forge, grindstone, and tanning rack. The spell tome Transmute Mineral Ore can be found on a table at the very end.
The Poacher's Axe can be found on one of the bandits in the mine. It can be used to chop wood and has a unique enchantment.
- One on the floor right after the pressure plate, to the left.
- Two on the floor in front of the barrel with the bear trap on top of it.
- One on the wall at the end of the tunnel.
- Six in the tunnel after the gate: two on the floor, two on the right wall, and two on the left wall.
- One at the top of the stairs next to a barrel on the wooden platform in the last room.
- One on the floor at the foot of the stairs, next to the oil spill.
- One under the platform that holds the bed and boss-level chest, to the right of the stairs as you look up them.
- One iron ore and one silver ore on the table with the Transmute Mineral Ore book, as well as three more on the fallen bookshelf to the right.
- The corundum vein is on the wall at the foot of the bed, near the boss-level chest.
- Two in the tunnel right next to the pressure plate.
- One near the end of the rear entrance, on the floor along the left wall.
- There are two pressure plate trigger traps at both entrances.
- It is possible (with a bit of care so as not to land on the spikes) to enter the mine via the pit trap, thus allowing you to complete everything the other way round.
- This is a good place to retrieve a mammoth tusk for Ysolda or Madesi, as the bandits have already killed mammoths using nearby pit traps. There are five in the main chamber and three on a cart in the first hallway.
- At the very end of the mine is an exit that leads into a pit used by the poachers to trap animals. You can find three coin purses here and some unfortunate soul that fell into the pit, as well as a deer. Be careful in here as even brushing up against the spikes on the side can kill you quite quickly if you're playing on harder difficulties. This is also a good place to practice restoration as you can lower your health quickly in a more controlled environment than in combat.
- Attempting to fast travel from the pit trap may cause the game to crash.
- Sometimes, the veins will respawn, but the bandits won't.