|1st||Cure Disease (0.36×)|
|2nd||Fortify Light Armor|
Because they have Cure Disease as their first effect and Cure Disease is an effect that is not magnitude-dependent, eating hawk feathers provides the same benefits as any Cure Disease potion. Therefore they are a light-weight and cheap alternative to the potion—which is probably why Silver Hand members frequently carry hawk feathers.
1 guaranteed sample is found in the following location:
With the Dawnguard add-on 1 more guaranteed samples can be found in:
You can find more samples around a hawk's nest on the roof after building the Main Hall addition.
It is categorized as an uncommon ingredient, meaning that all apothecary merchants have a 15% chance of carrying 1-5 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found in uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- 75% chance at 1-3 hawk feathers at 9% each, or 9% chance at 1 hawk feather being carried by any Silver Hand members.
Hawks can be seen flying in the sky or found near their nests. When shot down, each hawk can be looted for three hawk feathers and one hawk beak. There are 67 nests where hawks can spawn, in 17 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 17 around the East Empire Company Warehouse (Solitude)
- 10 centered 300 ft ENE of Solitude (Haafingar)
- 4 in Bloated Man's Grotto (Falkreath Hold)
- 4 around the Wreck of The Pride of Tel Vos (Winterhold)
- 3 centered 280 ft SE of Autumnwatch Tower (The Rift)
- 3 centered 300 ft NNW of Froki's Shack (The Rift)
- 3 around Hela's Folly (Winterhold)
- 3 around Orphan's Tear (Haafingar)
- 3 around Traitor's Post (Eastmarch)
- 3 around Volunruud (The Pale)
- 3 around Wayward Pass (Winterhold)
- 3 around Yngol Barrow (Winterhold)