|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
This page documents the new items added by the Hearthfire plug-in. Only minimal summary information is provided on this page. A category listing of all new items added by Skyrim's Hearthfire plug-in can be found here. This category is incomplete, as many items are still being added.
 Books and Letters
- The Beginner's Guide to Homesteading — A guide to building your home, found on the carpenter's workbench when you first arrive at each plot of land.
- Breezehome Furnishings — A letter from the Jarl of Whiterun's Steward about adding a room to Breezehome for your children.
- Consider Adoption — A letter from Constance Michel at the Honorhall Orphanage regarding the need for homes for the orphans there.
- Lakeview Manor Charter — A deed from the Jarl of Falkreath after buying your plot of land.
- Heljarchen Hall Charter — A deed from the Jarl of Dawnstar after buying your plot of land.
- Windstad Manor Charter — A deed from the Jarl of Morthal after buying your plot of land.
- Letter from Jarl (Jarl's Name) — A letter delivered by courier, regarding your new opportunity to purchase property in a certain hold.
- Letter from Jarl (Jarl's Name) of (Jarl's City) — A letter delivered by the courier enticing you to a certain hold with the promise of Thaneship and land.
- Letter from Steward (Steward name) of (hold name) — A letter delivered by courier inviting you to become a landowner in a certain hold.
 Children's Apparel
- Boy's Blue Tunic
- Boy's Green Tunic
- Boy's Grey Tunic
- Boy's Red Tunic
- Boy's Yellow Tunic
- Girl's Blue Dress
- Girl's Green Dress
- Girl's Grey Dress
- Girl's Red Dress
- Girl's Yellow Dress
 Food and Ingredients
 Baked Food
- Apple Dumpling
- Braided Bread
- Chicken Dumpling
- Garlic Bread
- Jazbay Crostata
- Juniper Berry Crostata
- Lavender Dumpling
- Potato Bread
- Snowberry Crostata
These wines can be sold by innkeepers and some food merchants.
 Cooked Food
These items can be cooked at any cooking pot or spit.
- Clam Chowder — Cooked by the player from clam meat, potato, milk and butter.
- Potato Soup — Cooked by the player from potatoes and salt.
- Steamed Mudcrab Legs — Cooked by the player from Mudcrab legs and butter.
These are the new alchemy ingredients available.
 Raw Food
- Butter — Used for baking and cooking. Can be obtained by using the churn in the kitchen of your home.
- Jug of Milk — Used for baking and cooking.
- Mudcrab Legs — Dropped by mudcrabs.
- Sack of Flour — Used for baking and cooking. Found in random loot and can be created at a grain mill using 3 wheat.
 Housebuilding Items
- Glass — Available from general goods merchants and from Khajiit traders.
- Goat Horns — Available from general goods merchants and dropped by goats.
- Sawn Log — Available at wood mills found in Skyrim. Can be purchased or cut for free. This is not a "true" item, as it does not show up in your inventory or affect your carry weight. Instead, it appears as a "Log Pile" on your property, with the number increasing as you buy more and decreasing as you use it for building or furnishing your home.
- Straw — Available from general goods merchants and Khajiit traders.
- Clay — Mined from a "Clay Deposit" which resembles a mound of medium brown dirt, and can be mined without pause until depleted. Each clay deposit contains 4000 units of clay, and will replenish. Can be found near your log pile and in wilderness of Skyrim.
- Quarried Stone — Mined from a "Stone Quarry" which resembles a cracked chunk of rock, paler in color than the rest of a rock wall, and can be mined without pause until depleted. Each stone quarry contains 4000 units of quarried stone. Can be found near your home and in the wilderness of Skyrim.
- Hinge — Can be made at a forge or anvil using 1 iron ingot (makes 2).
- Iron Fittings — Can be made at a forge or anvil using 1 iron ingot.
- Lock — Can be made at a forge or anvil using 1 iron ingot and 1 corundum ingot.
- Nails — Can be made at a forge or anvil using 1 iron ingot (makes 10).
- Wooden Sword — Play sword for your child. Can be used as a player weapon.
 Miscellaneous Items
- Child's Doll — Doll for your female child.
- The original foods which appear in bowls, such as stews and soups, have been given a new look.