|Primary Skills||Speech, Two-handed|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionWhiterun; TownWhiterunFaction; Whiterun Heimskr's House Faction|
Heimskr spends his days delivering loud, passionate sermons on Talos and his relationship to the Nordic race. His prominent placement in the town—on the main path to Dragonsreach—and his style of speech make him a difficult Nord to overlook.
Heimskr's house contains rows of chairs facing a platform, suggesting he may hold secret Talos services in his home. However, no other NPCs are ever seen entering his home.
Heimskr will start his preaching at the shrine of Talos at 5am. He preaches for a total of fifteen hours and finally stops at 8pm. He then heads back home to sleep for four hours until midnight.
 Related Quests
 Preaching Transcript
 Alternate Opening Statement
"Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment! And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man! But you were once man ... "
 Primary Transcript
"Talos the Mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give Praise! We are but maggots writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars! But you were once man! Aye! And as man you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos, Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now in royalty and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you." [nb 1] Aye, love! Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel! And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit! The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth! Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives? And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people! So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine! For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit the heavens and earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!"
 Alternate Concluding Statement
"Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word!"
- After the Battle for Whiterun (Imperial or Stormcloaks), Heimskr's house will be destroyed. If you sided with the Imperials, Heimskr will be sent to jail, where he will continue preaching his sermon. Otherwise, he will set up camp atop the retaining wall next to his shrine.
- ^ This quote is a direct reference to the text From The Many-Headed Talos, where it's explained how Tiber Septim transformed the landscape of Cyrodiil from a vast jungle into a temperate climate.
- Sometimes, when the Imperials get control of Whiterun during the Civil War, Heimskr isn't sent to jail.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- When Heimskr is chosen as the victim of Rescue Mission, he stops preaching upon his return. He will stand speechlessly in front of the shrine according to his schedules.