Skyrim:High Resolution Texture Pack
|This article could benefit from an image of:
some image sets comparing the pack to regular textures; images of graphical glitches
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
High Resolution Texture Pack
|Released||February 7, 2012|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
The High-Resolution Texture Pack is an official add-on for Skyrim that replaces many textures throughout the game with versions of a higher resolution. It was made available on February 7, 2012 alongside the Creation Kit and Fall of the Space Core, Vol 1 and is the first downloadable content for the game. The latest update of this pack not only adds the support for the latest add-on Dragonborn but also enhances support for two already existing add-ons Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
- Experience The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as you’ve never seen it before with the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including Windows Vista or 7 operating system, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.—Steam Description Page
- Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
- Memory: 4GB System RAM
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher)
- Once you've added the add-on to your Steam account, the 4 GB worth of files can not be uninstalled, as the files will re-download themselves automatically when starting Skyrim.
- These files can be removed from your account if you play Steam in offline mode after uninstalling the add-on, or by contacting Steam Support to request that the texture pack is removed from your account.
- While it cannot be uninstalled, it can be disabled by clicking "Data Files" from the launcher, and then un-checking the boxes next to the related files.
- The texture pack can cause several graphical glitches, such as clipping issues and missing textures which are displayed in magenta or black. The three most notable textures affected by this issue are the chopping block, fireplace wood, and Paarthurnax's chin tusk.
- An update to the DLC in February 2013 fixed these issues.