Human Flesh can be found in locations where people have performed the Black Sacrament ritual to summon the Dark Brotherhood (along with human hearts), and in a few necromancer dungeons. Flesh cannot be taken from dead humans. It is easily overlooked because it looks like raw beef.
24 guaranteed samples can be found in 8 different locations:
- 10 in Volkihar KeepDG (Haafingar)
- 3 in Alftand Animonculory (Winterhold)
- 3 in Tolvald's Cave (The Rift)
- 2 in Dawnstar Sanctuary (The Pale)
- 2 in Reachcliff Cave (The Reach)
- 1 in Aretino Residence (Windhelm)
- 1 in Black-Briar Manor (Riften)
- 1 in Raldbthar Deep Market (The Pale)
- 1 in Volunruud (The Pale)
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
The only other ways to obtain human flesh all have relatively low probabilities. The best bets are:
- Rare-type apothecary's satchels have a 6% chance of containing one.
- Falmer magic casters, warlocks, and Forsworn have a 0.7% chance of carrying one.
- With the Dawnguard plug-in, dead werewolves will always carry one sample of human flesh, as well as one wolf pelt.
- With the Dragonborn expansion, dead werebears typically carry one sample of human flesh.
- This ingredient cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.