|Your Thu'um freezes an opponent solid.|
|Iiz||Paralysis and 2 damage/s for 15 s||60|
|Slen||Paralysis and 2 damage/s for 30 s||90|
|Nus||Paralysis and 2 damage/s for 60 s||120|
Ice Form is a dragon shout that encases foes in a solid block of ice which renders them completely immobile for the duration of the shout. Damage is dealt to the target over time. If the enemy is hit while frozen, they will break free. The area of effect of the shout is quite narrow, but multiple enemies can be frozen with one shout if they are standing side by side or immediately in front of or behind each other.
The effects of this shout are Destruction-based; as such, enemies can block Ice Form using a ward spell. This, combined with the shout's long recharge time, may cause difficulties against spellcasting enemies.
- Frozen enemies are also knocked down and it takes about 5 seconds for them to climb back up when they break free, giving you a good opportunity to attack.
- Temporarily neutralizing a difficult enemy so you can heal, flee, or engage other enemies.
- Freezing lots of enemies at once if outnumbered.
- Giving yourself time to use a master-level spell.
- Immobilizing a fairly distant target so you can get closer to it without taking damage.
- Getting free training (any paralysis poison works too) by using the shout and then pickpocketing your gold back: despite the chance, it always works.
- Freezing an archer standing on a wall above you so they fall off the wall towards you.
Word Wall TranslationEdit
|Iiz||HET NOK KOPR1N DO
IGLIF 3Z-SOS WO GRIND OK OBL1N
NI KO MOROK2 VUK2N NUZ 4ST
MUNAX H1LVUT DO L3V KRAS1R
|Here lies (the) body of
Iglif Ice-Blood who met his end
not in glorious combat, but at
(the) cruel touch of (the) withering sickness
|HET NOK KOPRaaN DO
IGLIF iiZ-SOS WO GRIND OK OBLaaN
NI KO MOROKei VUKeiN NUZ ahST
MUNAX HaaLVUT DO LiiV KRASaaR
|Slen||NONVUL BRON D4M1N D1R ROT DO
FIN FOD3Z BORM4-ORIN PRUZ1N DW3N
1L KREH 4RK KREN NUZ SLEN DO
V4Z4 MUZ LOS SINDUG4VON
|Noble Nords remember these words of
the hoar father: Even best steel
may bend and break, but flesh of
true men is unyielding.
|NONVUL BRON DahMaaN DaaR ROT DO
FIN FODiiZ BORMah-ORIN PRUZaaN DWiiN
aaL KREH ahRK KREN NUZ SLEN DO
VahZah MUZ LOS SINDUGahVON
|Nus||SIGR5F W4L1N QETHSEGOL BR3N43
V4RUKT LANAL WEN BRIT LUFT LOS OL
KINZON 4RK SOT OL NUS DW3ROK
NOL N4L1S OZINV9
|Sigruuf raised (this) stone for his sister's
memory, Lanal, whose beautiful face was as
sharp and white as a statue carved
from living ivory.
|SIGRuuF WahLaaN QETHSEGOL BRiiNahii
VahRUKT LANAL WEN BRIT LUFT LOS OL
KINZON ahRK SOT OL NUS DWiiROK
NOL NahLaaS OZINVey
- The Dragonborn FrostDB ability turns the Frost Breath shout into a variation of Ice Form, making this shout somewhat obsolete. To be precise, the alteration freezes enemies for less time (15 seconds) but allows you to attack them the whole time, albeit with reduced damage.