Skyrim:Impatience of a Saint
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Jiub or start collecting pages.
- Collect all ten pages.
- Return to Jiub.
 Detailed Walkthrough
You may have come across a few pages floating around during your regular Soul Cairn tasks. Talk to Jiub at any time to receive the quest, and return all ten pages to him when you have them. In return, he will give you the Locket of Saint Jiub and a complete copy of Saint Jiub's Opus.
|At the massive wall that divides Soul Cairn roughly in half, find the opening near its center. Staying on the entrance (staircase) side, turn right, southeast, until you reach a staircase going up into the wall. Go up the stairs and the page will be right in front of you.|
|To the left of the entrance to the Boneyard (where Valerica is) will be a small building with a broken Word Wall and a chest. Durnehviir may be sitting on the Word Wall. The page is right on the ground next to the chest.|
|Before going through the opening in the wall dividing Soul Cairn, turn left and you will immediately see a small tower. It consists of only one chamber with a chest. Exit the chamber on the other side and you will find a small building with a floating soul gem. Go up the stairs and you will find the page next to the chest on top of the building.|
|Stand at the entrance to the boneyard facing towards Valerica. Turn right and follow the outside of the Boneyard wall until you reach a building. Head up the stairs and turn left to go up another set of stairs to a chest. The page is next to the chest.|
|South of where Jiub is sitting at his campfire there is a raised stone floor with an energy well in the middle. Page five is on the floor by the well next to some assorted soul gems and other treasure.|
|From the entrance to the Soul Cairn, follow the path past the building where page eight is found (see below), and enter the second building on the right, a small tower with a Soul Well outside. The page in inside next to a chest in a corner.|
|From where you found page four, head due east to the edge of the map and up some stairs up to a platform to find the Spell Tome: Conjure Mistman on a pedestal. Page seven and a bag of coins are on the ground at the base of the pedestal.|
|When you first enter the Soul Cairn, go into the building on the right. It requires you to shoot a projectile (spell or arrow) through the green orbs to enter.|
|Head west from the entrance to the Boneyard (Valerica's location) until you hit a building with one of the massive floating soul gems above it. Take a right (towards north) to find another large soul gem floating above an even bigger building. There are several chests in this building which is a small maze, but continue until you reach the glowing symbol on the floor; a teleporting device. Stand on it to go up to the roof. The page will be next to the chest at the top of the building directly under the gem. This chest is also the one that contains the soul gem to restore you if you entered the Soul Cairn as a mortal. There are no stairs to get back down so you have to jump.|
|Go through the dividing wall. On your right a short way there is Morven Stroud sitting. The page is on a barrel next to him.|
- It is not necessary for you to obtain this quest for the pages to appear; they can be gathered first before speaking to Jiub.
- Jiub is located in the Boneyard side of the Soul Cairn in the southeast. South-southeast of him is a tall tower with a glowing/flaming top where one of the Keepers is to be found.
- The ninth page may or may not appear.
- Try attacking near the page's spot with a weapon or spell. This should cause the page to be knocked down to the ground floor of the maze, directly beneath the archway and make it retrievable.
- Try standing on top of the chest and using a scroll or spell with a large area effect like Scroll of Blizzard. This may cause the page to be knocked down to the ground floor, but it may not be directly beneath the archway.
- Occasionally the sixth page will not appear in its location.
- Leaving and reentering the Soul Cairn has been known to resolve this issue.
- If one of the inhabitants of the Soul Cairn (Boneman, Mistman, or Wrathman) is killed near any of the pages, the ashes may collect on the page, making it unobtainable.
- Open the console and click on the ash pile, then use
disableto remove it.
- Explosive spells such as a tripped ward or Firestorm will dislodge it, though multiple castings may be necessary. The page will fly off randomly, so save first in case it goes somewhere you can't find.
- Summoning a Boneman, Mistman, or Wrathman and killing the summon by the spot the original was killed may cause the page to reappear.
- Open the console and click on the ash pile, then use
- If you leave the Soul Cairn without starting this quest or leaving the quest incomplete your game may start to crash.[verification needed — Needs testing to determine that this is the cause of the crashes]
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|