|This article is currently being redeveloped in the sandbox User:Dwarfmp/Sandbox4, by Dwarfmp. However, you are welcome to help in the discussion/construction of this ongoing project—your input will be appreciated. If no editor has made any changes in a while, please contact the main editor via the talk page or, if they're inactive, remove this template. This WIP notice was originally posted on 22 April 2012.|
|Primary Skills||Destruction, Sneak, Alteration, One-handed|
|Perks||Augmented Shock (rank 1); Bladesman (rank 1); Custom Fit; Fighting Stance; IrilethVsDragons; Magic Resistance (rank 1)|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionWhiterun; DragonsreachOccupants; Imperial Government; Ruling Government; TownWhiterunFaction|
Irileth accompanies the character to the Western Watchtower, where they slay a dragon. She gives several speeches along the way to motivate the following troop of guards. She is essential, and is quite useful in the fight.
Irileth wears a custom set of leather armor, and fights with a Steel Sword of Cold. When attacking at range, she uses steel arrows and an elven bow, regardless of character level. She also makes frequent use of Destruction magic.
Although it is highly uncommon for a Dunmer to serve as housecarl in Skyrim, Irileth and Balgruuf fought in many battles together when they were younger. When Balgruuf was named as Jarl of Whiterun, she demanded that she be his housecarl, on account of their long-forged battle-bond. As a rule, Irileth appears to be highly distrustful of the main character, regardless of events that may take place, though after killing Mirmulnir and being declared Dragonborn she will tell the main character that she's happy that the Dragonborn is on their side.
 Related Quests
- Before the Storm: Inform the Jarl of Whiterun about the dragon attack on Helgen.
- Dragon Rising: Investigate a dragon sighting near Whiterun.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver the message that will decide Whiterun's allegiance.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver an axe to the Jarl of Whiterun.
- Battle for Whiterun: Defend or conquer Whiterun.
Irileth may be seen talking with Jarl Balgruuf about his security:
Irileth: "Balgruuf, did you slip out again last night for a drink at the Bannered Mare?"
Jarl Balgruuf the Greater: "Heard about that, did you? Yes, I went out for a pint or two. What of it?"
Irileth: "These secret visits to the tavern will make you an easy target for an enemy assassin. You should have told me first."
Jarl Balgruuf the Greater: "Damn it, woman, I'm the Jarl of Whiterun! I won't apologize for talking to my people. You can't protect me every moment of the day."
Irileth: "That might be so, but it will never stop me from trying."
- Irileth's Aggression value may become set to 1 for no apparent reason, causing her, and any nearby NPCs, to attack you on sight. ,
- Commit a minor crime, such as assaulting a guard, then clear your bounty. This will cause them to stop attacking you, even in the middle of combat.
- Before she turns hostile, open the console and select her, either by clicking on her or entering the code
prid 1a67f, then enter the code
setav aggression 0. This will prevent her from turning hostile. Note that this will not work after she starts attacking you.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|