|# of Zones
||Never (storage is safe)
|Console Location Code(s)
Japhet's Folly is located on the small Rockjoint Island far northeast of Skyrim in the Sea of Ghosts, that is visited during the quest Rise in the East.
Japhet's Folly under attack
 Related Quests
- You are unable to travel to Japhet's Folly alone in the game before the Rise in the East quest.
- Do not return to Japhet's Folly via Sea Cave after the bombardment has started or you will be trapped. The top area of Japhet's Folly will be blocked by rubble and the door from Sea Cave is gone, preventing you from turning back the way you came.
- Japhet and his journal are located in the lowest part of the tower in a locked room. A locked chest can also be found here.
An interior map of Japhet's Folly
- Once you have discovered the location (via the quest), do not return, as you will be unable to depart. Japhet's Folly has its own worldspace in the game, and has invisible boundaries which you cannot swim past. You are also unable to fast travel away from Japhet's Folly; you are presented with the same message as when trying to fast travel from an indoor place.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.9 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- You can avoid being locked in Japhet's Folly by using the console command
coc <AreaName> to teleport out.
- If you go there with a follower, your follower may disappear.
- The explosions bombarding the tower are invisible arrows with no name; you can collect these by getting hit, to use them you must use your last arrow, and they will become equipped.
- If you have exited the towers and proceeded through the quest enough that all the bombards are finished, and then you go back into the tower and back out, the bombardment will continue endlessly.