|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Moonstone||2|
You can get to Kagrenzel by taking an unmarked path that starts due east behind the tower of Ansilvund. Be careful as you progress, as you may encounter a conjurer at the tower and some frost trolls on your way up.
When you approach this Dwemer structure, you will find the entrance on the east side of the building. Inside the gilded doors waits a vaulted hall shrouded in darkness. As you make your way to the center of the room, a large glowing orb will appear on a stone pedestal, surrounded by the bodies of unfortunate bandits.
Touching the orb causes a Dwemer cage to ensnare you as the orb rotates around the outside several times, shrieking until the floor gives way. As you plummet hundreds of feet below the surface of Skyrim, you can guide your fall. If done properly, you will survive by landing in a deep pool of water littered with the bones of a mammoth. One way to minimize the chance of hitting anything on the way down (and dying) is to use the Unrelenting Force shout to clear the platform of all bodies and pots before you touch the orb. Then stand in the exact center of the platform and wait for the floor to open.
Swimming down from where you landed in the pool, you will discover an expert-locked Dwemer chest. There is a tunnel near the edge of the pool with a Falmer chest sitting just to the right on a large rock. As you head up the tunnel, you will come across a moonstone ore vein and at least one Falmer, eventually re-entering the main chamber on a stone bridge with a large fire pot burning in the corner. Around the left side of the fire pot is a small adept-locked chest. Several Falmer will enter the chamber and cross the bridge from the opposite end, then turn around and head back the way they came.
After crossing the bridge and continuing down the tunnel, you will come across an area with a waterfall, an archway, and another Falmer chest. Climbing up to the waterfall on the left hand side will reveal a centurion dynamo core within the stream. A flawless diamond will be visible from this position atop the archway leading to Stony Creek Cave. Continue through the arch and down the tunnel to exit Kagrenzel.
- For quests related to Kagrenzel, your map marker may point you to Stony Creek Cave. This applies to your Clairvoyance spell as well.
- The large cavern beneath the ruin may be accessed via Stony Creek Cave, however, the room with the glowing orb is not normally accessible if you enter from this direction (see bugs).
- If you have a follower, they may enter Kagrenzel with you from this direction, and then disappear and not return.
- Frequently this is because the game placed them at the top of the main chamber instead of beside you, and they fell and died outside your view.
- One moonstone ore vein is located outside the entrance to Kagrenzel. A gold ore vein is located just below the moonstone vein. Just follow the line of the rocks to the west.
- The diamond on top of the archway can be retrieved in multiple ways, such as using Telekinesis, Unrelenting Force or simply an arrow.
- Kagrenzel is actually somewhat near Skuldafn - if you have completed the main quest, you can hear the roars (and occasionally see) several dragons circling above the area of Skuldafn, just beyond the mountains to the southeast.
- It is possible to reach the glowing orb's room from the lake room by swimming through the wall north of the rocks that jut into the lake, on the east side.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|