Khajiit are cat-like people who come from Elsweyr, known for high intelligence and agility. These traits make them very good thieves and acrobats, but Khajiit are also fearsome warriors. Magic does not come easily to Khajiit, and requires strenuous training. Khajiit mostly stay on land, but piracy and skooma trade does draw some to work as sailors.
Khajiit anatomy differs greatly from both men and elves, not only because of their fur, tail, and sometimes toe-walking stance, but also their digestive system and metabolism. Khajiit, Argonians, and Imga are the so-called "beast races" of Tamriel because of these large differences. Khajiit have a lifespan similar to that of humans. There are no well-documented cases of cross-breeding between Khajiit and other races, though there are rumors of such a thing. The foreign appearance and behavior of Khajiit make them common targets of racism.
For more information, see the main lore article.
Hailing from the province of Elsweyr, they are intelligent, quick, and agile. They make excellent thieves due to their natural stealthiness. All Khajiit can see in the dark at will and have unarmed claw attacks.
- Claws ability (FormID
000aa01e): Khajiit claws do 12 points of damage in addition to their base damage value of 10 points for unarmed combat.
- Although the in-game text says "Khajiit claws do 15 points of damage.", the actual effect magnitude is only 12 points.
- The game data also describes the effect as "Khajiit claws do four times the damage of a man's punch."
- Eye of Night lesser power (FormID
000aa01d): Improved night vision for 60 seconds, multiple times per day.
- Height: 1 (M), 0.95 (F)
Khajiit, like Argonians, make good thieves due to their bonuses in skills typically associated with stealth-oriented classes. Eye of Night is a handy lesser power while dungeon-crawling or for seeing at night, when many thieves do their work. Their claw bonus helps in brawls, and, combined with the Fists of Steel perk, makes unarmed combat viable.
In combat, players have the opportunity to take advantage of the Khajiit's bonuses to one-handed and ranged weapons, and their strong bonus to Sneak makes sneak attacks accessible at early levels.
- The Khajiit Claws racial bonus to unarmed damage stacks with other sources of damage increase, such as perks like Fists of Steel and equipment like the Gloves of the Pugilist.
- Khajiit NPCs cannot be married in any way or form, even with the use of the console. The dialogue options won't be there. However, you can use the console to turn a marriageable NPC of another race into a Khajiit. Khajiit characters can also marry NPCs of other races.
- Khajiit tails may sometimes continue to move after death. This is more common with dead bodies that were put in areas for show, such as finding a dead body in a jail cell in a dungeon, and not as common with actual NPCs that are killed. Tails of the player continue to move after death on frequent occasion.
- Khajiit tails may sometimes stop moving at all after death, freezing in the place where they were in the moment of death.