- Target takes 75 points of shock damage per second to Health, and half that to Magicka.
Lightning Storm is a master level destruction spell that deals massive shock damage to Health and Magicka.
- Augmented Shock, raises damage to 93.75/s at first rank or 112.5/s at second rank
- This is the only Master level spell in the game that uses concentration-style casting. You still have the 3-second delay before initially casting, as with all Master spells, but once it's going, you can keep it up until you run out of magicka.
- The spell only affects one target at a time, but you can keep it going by aiming it at other targets after the first is vaporized. This may be preferable to stopping and casting again, which will require you to wait for 3 seconds for it to warm up every time.
- This spell can be tremendously powerful if a large enough supply of magicka is available. It is even capable of disintegrating ancient dragons in a few seconds. Also note that casting Incinerate, Icy Spear or Thunderbolt has a higher damage per second, but is less magicka efficient, and can be more difficult to aim than the constant beam this spell provides.
- Like most Lightning spells, it can be used to set off Lightning Runes from a safe distance, though it's kind of silly to use such a powerful spell for that purpose.