Skyrim:Lost Valley Redoubt
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Forsworn, Forsworn Briarhearts, Hagravens|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Word Wall||Become Ethereal|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Silver||2|
Lost Valley Redoubt is a massive Nordic ruin inhabited by Forsworn and hagravens. It is a short distance, almost directly west of Bilegulch Mine, both of which are to the southeast of Markarth and to the northwest of Falkreath.
Be prepared for a long fight. At the top on the island below the highest waterfall you will find two hagravens around an altar, creating a Forsworn Briarheart:
Hagraven #1: "Heart of thorn... bones of the wild... in life, Forsworn..."
Both Hagravens: "...rise from death, Blood of our Blood."
Behind them is a word wall which teaches part of the Become Ethereal shout. There is leveled loot on the altar along with a chest in the area. There is a long ledge overhanging two waterfalls at the top, opposite the hagravens and word wall, which is Bard's Leap Summit.
 Related Quests
- There is a lever near the stairs on the level where the large waterfall lands. Activating it causes a boulder trap to go off.
- Beware several tripwires. They set off boulder traps and a swinging mammoth head.
- At the summit, follow one of the aqueducts to its base to find gold and a random potion.
- There is a catwalk over the waterfall that overlooks the camp. If you go on it and heads towards the waterfalls, you will see some boards hanging off. Jump and land in the water, and you will see some stairs. Using the Become Ethereal shout will ensure your survival, should you miss the water. Go up the stairs and you will meet a ghost named Azzadall. Listen to his story of his leap. When he is done, your speech skill will level up.
- One silver ore vein is located left of the Forsworn hut on the level beyond the mammoth skull trap. A second one is one level above the previous, past the first archway by the southern staircase.
- Just to the north is the treasure chest for Treasure Map V, assuming you have obtained the map.
- The Briarheart ritual can be interrupted. Killing the Hagravens will stop the spell, and thus the Forsworn's resurrection. Pick pocketing the Briarheart from the Forsworn Briarheart works too.