Skyrim:Mace of Molag Bal
|Daedric Artifact: Mace of Molag Bal (000233e3)
|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/84=35|
Mace of Molag Bal, also known as the Vampire's Mace, is one of Molag Bal's artifacts. It can be improved using an ebony ingot. Its enchantment drains its victims of twenty-five points of magicka and stamina with every strike. Its enchantment will also inflict its target with soul trap for three seconds.
When walking around with the mace equipped, some NPCs may comment on it, saying: "That mace... get it away from me. Get it away..." or "No.. get that accursed mace away from me..."
 Related Quests
- Though the mace can be tempered with an ebony ingot, it is not classified as an ebony weapon, nor is it classified as any other standard weapon material. Therefore, its upgrades do not benefit from any smithing perks.
- This issue has been addressed by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; it now requires the Daedric Smithing perk.
- Though no fire damage enchantment is present on the mace, the game seems to treat its enchantments similarly to fire enchantments.
Mod Notes: EnchStaminaDamageFFContact incorrectly has MagicDamageFire keyword.
- NPCs will sometimes comment on the mace with standard lines for fire enchanted weapons, such as "Have a fascination with fire, do we?" or "Don't set anything on fire, all right?"
- The mace's enchantments are directly affected by the Augmented Flames perks in the Destruction perk tree and will increase to 31 with one perk, and 37 with the other. The soul trap effect is not affected.