||Fire and Forget
|Appears in random loot at level
- Ball of light that lasts 60 seconds and sticks where it strikes.
Magelight is an apprentice level Alteration spell that creates a projectile of light that sticks where it lands and glows for 60 seconds.
- If you cast Magelight at a living target, they will have a glowing light floating around them, similar to that created by the Candlelight spell. This is not an assault, but it will alert hostile targets to your presence. It can be useful to "tag" enemies, or keep track of your follower.
- You can only have up to two Magelights active at a time, one cast on a living target and one cast normally. Having a second one of either type strike its target before the first has expired will negate it.
- This may be better for stealth than Candlelight, because you can remain in the shadows while your target is well-lit and easy to see, though your location may still be revealed if you are seen or heard casting it.
- You can cast this spell at a wall while sneaking, and hostiles will investigate. You can then sneak past them or move in for a backstab. It is advised that you have acquired the Quiet Casting perk.