|Primary Skills||Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Conjuration|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHaafingar; SolitudeErikursHouseFaction; TownSolitudeFaction|
Like many of the Altmer, he is rather arrogant and will pass remarks such as "You are excused." and "I am done with you. You may go." He may also greet you with "Speak if you must, but mind your tongue. I do not suffer fools gladly."
If you ask him if he is the court wizard he will tell you a bit about Sybille Stentor and warn you that "No. That honor is Sybille Stentor's. A smart man steers clear of Stentor. And keeps himself out of the dungeon when she's having a bad day..." If you ask him to elaborate further he will tell you that "Let's just say the headsman's axe may not be the worst way for a Solitude Jail prisoner to die." before ending the conversation with "Look at that. I've told you to watch your tongue and mine is waggling. I've said enough."
However if you kill Sybille beforehand, he will tell you "Now that Sybille Stentor is out of the picture, I am indeed. And the court is, well... free of her... eccentricities. Moving into her quarters was an interesting process."
If you ask him about his day job he will tell you that "I make sure Erikur keeps breathing." before adding "Working for Erikur may be below my stature, but the compensation is... acceptable."
He seems to have a certain level of respect for the court wizard as he can often be heard remarking that "Sybille Stentor has a grasp of magical theory that I would never have expected from a human. Even a Breton."
Asking him about magic will cause him to remark "Oh, I think you'll find that magic is rare in Skyrim. Winterhold, though... The College there has it in abundance. Look there if you wish to learn."
He also does not seem to be fazed by the dragons and he will occasionally be heard saying "No doubt most folk in Skyrim consider the dragons terrifying. I find them... wondrous."
- Despite supposedly being Sybille Stentor's replacement as court wizard in the event of her death, he will not change his routine or sell anything to reflect this.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- When a female player character asks Melaran about the court wizard, his spoken dialogue will not correctly reflect the player's gender, although the subtitles will.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- When Melaran speaks to Erikur about importing weapons from Black Marsh, his spoken dialogue does not match the subtitles.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.