|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image of:
needs a better quest image
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can receive from any of the following people. Total in the following table is simply the amount you can obtain by mining all the veins in the quest-giver's mine; more money is possible if you also sell ores collected elsewhere.
|Quest Giver||Mine||Region||Ore||per Ore||Veins in Mine||Total|
|Beitild||Iron-Breaker Mine||Dawnstar||Iron Ore||7†||6||126|
|Dushnamub||Gloombound Mine||Eastmarch||Ebony Ore||60||16||2880|
|Gestur Rockbreaker||Rockwallow Mine||Hjaalmarch||Iron Ore||7†||4||84|
|Gharol||Dushnikh Mine||The Reach||Orichalcum Ore||20||7||420|
|Grogmar gro-Burzag||Redbelly Mine||The Rift||Iron Ore||7†||0||0|
|Kjeld||Steamscorch Mine||Eastmarch||Malachite Ore||30||7||630|
|Leigelf||Quicksilver Mine||Dawnstar||Quicksilver Ore||25||5||375|
|Pavo Attius||Kolskeggr Mine||The Reach||Gold Ore||50||17||2550|
|Perth||Soljund's Sinkhole||The Reach||Moonstone Ore||30||5||450|
|Shuftharz||Mor Khazgur Mine||The Reach||Orichalcum Ore||20||7||420|
|Skaggi Scar-Face||Left Hand Mine||The Reach||Iron Ore||7†||5||105|
|Thorgar||Whistling Mine||Winterhold||Iron Ore||7†||2||42|
|Verner Rock-Chucker||Goldenrock Mine||Eastmarch||Corundum Ore||20||4||240|
If you talk to one of the quest givers, they will offer to pay you for any ore you mine. Each quest-giver will only accept a single type of ore, as listed in the above table. You can also mine ore without talking to a quest giver, and either sell them the ore later or use the ore yourself (e.g., by smelting it). For most ores you are paid its standard base value, with the exception of Iron Ore, for which you receive 7 gold instead of 2 gold. The amount you are paid is fixed, and does not depend upon your Speech skill or perks. All ore of the specified type will be purchased.
Information on how and where to mine is provided at Mining.
An Achievement is related to mining ore:
- Hard Worker (10 points/Bronze) — Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food
- To obtain this achievement you do not need to sell the ore, or even talk to any of the quest givers. Simply activating an ore vein is sufficient.
- This quest does not have any stages or objectives.
- The potential quest givers are identified based on membership in the FavorJobsMineOreFaction faction.
- Dialogue for selling the ore only appears if you have the specified type of ore in your inventory.
- They will buy all the ore of the specified type that you are carrying, meaning if you want to save any you'll have to get it out of your inventory first.
- Selling ore through direct dialogue doesn't increase the Speech skill, unlike selling through the merchant screen.
- Because this is a favor quest which affects the quest giver's disposition, it will count towards the "Help the People" part of the thane quest for the quest giver's hold.