|# of Zones||3|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Mistwatch Bandits, Fjola|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|MistwatchExterior01, MistwatchExterior02, MistwatchExterior03, Mistwatch01, Mistwatch02, Mistwatch03|
|Southeast of the Atronach Stone
Northwest of Shor's Stone
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
 Related Quests
The exterior courtyard is prowled by four leveled Mistwatch bandits that are set to be territorial rather than hostile. Proceeding up into the first tower is a lever which will drop the drawbridge and allows access to the interior of the fort, which is a set of sequential towers built into the mountainside.
 Zone 1: Mistwatch North Tower
The first tower consists of a holding cell and an alchemy lab. In order to proceed past the first gate, though, you'll need a key that a fellow by the name of Christer has on his person. Talking to him will initiate the miscellaneous quest Search Mistwatch for Fjola. Be wary of bear traps along the stairway and make sure to loot the chest that is in the alchemy lab room. A ladder in the room leads up to a balcony and Mistwatch West Tower; make sure to check for an adept-locked chest before entering it.
Alternatively, it is possible to explore the rest of Mistwatch North Tower without starting the related quest, if you drop down onto Mistwatch from the mountains behind it. You can then enter through the trapdoor at the top of the tower. However, you will not be able to make it past the locked gate, and will therefore need to go back out through the trapdoor.
 Zone 2: Mistwatch West Tower
The west tower contains another holding cell with a dead Imperial. The tower is two stories consisting of common space for the four bandits that roam it. A chest is next to the holding cell, and other than food, this tower is mostly unremarkable. A door leads out to the upper balcony and Mistwatch East Tower.
 Zone 3: Mistwatch East Tower
The east tower is the highest tower and home to the leveled boss and bandit leader. The door to this tower can only be unlocked if you have the Mistwatch key given to you by Christer. A lot of random footwear is found throughout the hallway as well as a few leveled weapons in the leader's room. A copy of the Heavy Armor skill book Hallgerd's Tale is by the bed.
- Mistwatch is marked as cleared when the related quest is completed, regardless of how you choose to complete the quest. Therefore, clearing this location can either be triggered by killing its boss enemy (i.e., the bandit leader), or by talking to her, convincing Christer to leave, and then returning to tell her that he is gone.
- The doors from within the tower to the outside have custom names, such as Mistwatch Courtyard, Lower Balcony, and Upper Balcony, instead of the usual generic "Skyrim" name given to doors leading back outside.
- To the north is a ruined building covered in sulfur. Three skeletons will raise here as you approach, but there is nothing really else of note.
- The towers offer really good views of Bonestrewn Crest. A dragon circling the misty hill is a common sight.
- A frightened woman who has escaped from the bandits at Mistwatch may be encountered in the wild. She will mark Mistwatch on the map for you if you speak to her.
- Clearing this location does not increment the number of "Dungeons Cleared" displayed in your journal, and therefore does not contribute to the Delver achievement.
Mod Notes: The script for
dunMistwatchQST(stage 100) uses the command
MistwatchLocation.SetCleared(), which evidently only marks the place as cleared, but does not increment the other counters.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|