|Morokei (RefID: 00086CF4)|
|Primary Skills||Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Restoration, Sneak|
|Perks||Atromancy; Augmented Shock (rank 2); Mage Armor (rank 2); Magic Resistance (rank 1); Recovery (rank 2); Regeneration; Respite; Stability; Ward Absorb|
|Faction(s)||Creature Faction; DraugrFaction|
As you journey through Labyrinthian, ghostly images from the past reveal that Savos Aren had encountered Morokei prior to you. In an act of desperation, he sacrificed the lives of two College students in order to keep Morokei sealed within Labyrinthian for the good of Skyrim.
Throughout Labyrinthian, Morokei taunts you - at first, in the dragon language, then secondly in the Skyrim vernacular - and asks if you are Savos. His disembodied voice, often accompanied by a blue wind capable of sapping magicka, follows you all the way to the end of the dungeon, where he is found incarcerated by two ex-College thralls.
Due to the nature of the Staff of Magnus, Morokei elects to use his own spells rather than the staff, to ensure that it is fully charged once it has been acquired by you. This can make him an exceptionally dangerous foe as he can summon a storm atronach and also uses shock spells which instantly hit. Magic and shock resistance potions and enchantments or very powerful Ward spells are recommended to reduce the damage from his more powerful attacks.
 Related Quests
- "vul junaar" may be the old name for Bromjunaar.
- "Jun" is 'king', "aar" is 'slave/servant', and "brom" is 'north', so this would possibly make Bromjunaar 'North Kingdom'.
- " ."
- "You do not answer... Must I use this guttural language of yours?"
- "Have you returned, Aren? My old friend?"
- "Do you seek to finish that which you could not?"
- "You only face failure once more..."
- "You... You are not Aren, are you? Has he sent you in his place?"
- "Did he warn you that your own power would be your undoing? That it would only serve to strengthen me?"
- "Come. Face your end."
After "Come. Face your end.", there are a few occurrences of the dragon shout visual effect, and the magicka draining associated with Morokei's voice, but no phrase is heard.
- Morokei means "glorious" in the dragon language.
- Morokei can only be encountered after joining the College of Winterhold and starting The Staff of Magnus.
- An advisable tactic is to hide behind a pillar and cast spells when he is not attacking you.
- You can kill him easily if you first kill the mage at the top, then get near the seal and kill the other from a distance. As soon as you do this the seal is broken. Don't let Morokei conjure the storm atronach by hitting him with your shield and then keep hitting twice with your weapon, once with your shield. This tactic can also be used with the one-handed damage multiplier perks and apparel to get a quick backstab on Morokei as soon as the seal is broken.