|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Radiant Options
 Quick Walkthrough
 Detailed Walkthrough
New Allegiances is a quest given by Vingalmo. He asks you to turn someone into a vampire. He suggests casting Vampire's Seduction (which requires that you be at least a stage 2 vampire, i.e. have not fed for at least a day) to facilitate feeding on a waking subject; however, if you can catch the target sleeping, you can infect them by normal feeding.
- If you are having trouble giving Harkon's gift to Haran, simply wait until 2 a.m. and she will be sleeping in the Frozen Hearth Cellar where no witnesses will see you.
- The quest giver may ask you to infect the same person if you have done this quest before. They cannot be turned into a vampire again.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- One fix to this bug is to kill the already infected vampire. It marks the quest as "failed" but still completes it.
- Another fix is to load a previous save from before accepting the quest and try again, as they may not give the same quest.
- Finish any other active quests from the vampires, then go outside the castle and save. If any of the vampires send you to Vingalmo for work, reload the save, and, while outside, enter the
setstage DLC1RV07 255 in the console. This will complete the quest and give you the reward, and the questline will progress as usual.
- After biting the target your character may not be able to move, and you will not be able to complete the quest.
- Reload from last autosave (should be from when you walk in) and feed from sneak mode.
- You may be unable to feed on Cairine (likely due to her sitting animation).
- One solution is to select her via the console (or by typing
prid D6702) and enter the command
resurrect 1, which should force her to stand temporarily. Once you close the console, immediately use your Vampire Seduction on her and rapidly press the activation/talk button, which should then allow you to access the feed option. Optionally, you may wish to toggle nearby Garvey's detection by selecting him in the console and typing
- After feeding on Cairine, the quest may not update and the quest marker will continue to point at her as if you have yet to feed.
- Vingalmo may not interact with you at all, even though everyone will keep telling you to speak to him.
 Quest Stages
|New Allegiances (DLC1RV07)
||Vingalmo has sent me to <Alias=Habitation> where I am to find <Alias=Candidate> and bestow the Gift of Blood upon <Alias.PronounObj=Candidate>. I should first render <Alias.PronounObj=Candidate> pliant through the use of Vampire's Seduction then embrace and bite <Alias.PronounObj=Candidate> on the neck. If I currently lack the power, I should forego feeding for a day as I will gain the ability. I should then return to Vingalmo while <Alias=Candidate> undergoes the change.
Objective 10: Turn <Alias=Candidate> into a vampire
Objective 100: Return to Vingalmo
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 50.