|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak with Onmund.
- Speak with Enthir.
- Retrieve the Grand Staff of Charming from a random location.
- Return the staff to Enthir.
- Return the amulet to Onmund.
 Radiant Options
Possible staff locations are:
 Detailed Walkthrough
Start this quest by speaking to Onmund at the College of Winterhold. He will talk about his regret for trading his family amulet to Enthir. He will not tell you what he traded the amulet for, but will ask your help in obtaining the amulet back from Enthir.
Speak with Enthir about this. With a sufficiently high speech skill he can be persuaded to just return the amulet. Otherwise he will say that the trade is final. However, he will trade the amulet for the Grand Staff of Charming from a certain (randomly selected) location. The selected location will usually include a Boss-level caster foe, guarding a chest containing the staff, among other appropriate items.
- Note: Enthir may ask you to retrieve the same staff (or, at least, another instance of the same type of staff) from a different (randomly selected) location for the Arniel's Endeavor quest.
Return the staff to Enthir, and he will give you the Onmund's Amulet. Return the amulet to Onmund to complete the quest.
- You cannot speak to Enthir if The Staff of Magnus quest is active.
- If the staff is found before starting the quest, it will have weight, and can not be removed from the player's inventory. The quest will not show an icon on the map and dialogue options are not available to return the staff to Enthir. To fix these issues, equip the staff, and activate a weapon rack. An icon will then appear, hinting to pick up the staff. Picking up the staff will update the quest journal, directing you to return the staff to Enthir.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.4 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- The console command
setstage MGRAppOnmund01 30will allow you to advance. Also if you successfully persuade Enthir to give back the amulet and complete the quest, the staff is no longer considered a quest item and can be dropped/stored/sold normally.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 255.