|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Northeast of Rorikstead
Southeast of Robber's Gorge
|# of Tanning Racks||1|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
The cave is northeast of Rorikstead, past Talking Stone Camp, on the cliffs above Crabber's Shanty. There is a rough path running northwest from the White River, that curls around the edge of the mountain to the entrance.
There are a number of bear traps in the undergrowth around the cave.
 Related Quests
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo.
- Bandit AttackHF: Rescue your beloved from their kidnappers.
- Retrieval: Journey to a random location to retrieve a fragment of Wuuthrad.
- Stealing Plans: Search a Silver Hand hideout for information on the location of their headquarters.
- Striking the Heart: Assassinate a leader of the Silver Hand.
- While Orotheim does not have a large amount of a single plant, it does have a large amount of plants in total, especially considering its relative size. It includes 17 imp stools, 13 fly amanitas, 8 bleeding crowns, 5 namira's rot, 3 lavender, 2 blisterwort, and 1 white cap.
- There is an iron ore vein above the entrance to the cave.
- Due west, below the second waterfall on the river, is a skeleton lying next to a novice-locked chest.
 Zone 1: Orotheim
The cave is split into three rough rooms. Just behind where you enter there is a lavender plant, then along the walls of the tunnel there are three fly amanita plants, a bleeding crown, another lavender, an imp stool, and a namira's rot plant. The first room is inhabited by two bandits; one on the ground level, and another on the wooden platform above, usually using the smithing equipment. Around the edges of the room are four imp stool plants, two fly amanita plants, a bleeding crown and a namira's rot. There is a cooking spit above the campfire, and a mammoth snout, and two mammoth cheese bowls on the table. There is also a pickaxe in the middle of the room.
On the platform there is a table with some empty wine bottles and a leveled healing potion. To the right are some boxes and sacks, on top of which is a copy of the One-handed skill book Mace Etiquette. Past that there is an anvil, a grindstone, and a weapon rack with an iron war axe, an iron mace, and a leveled sword. There is a ledge to the right of the grindstone where two imp stools and two bleeding crowns are growing. Along the short tunnel to the next room there are two imp stools, two fly amanitas, and a lavender plant. On the ledge high up on the right of the tunnel, another fly amanita and a white cap plant are growing.
The tunnel opens on a wooden platform where a bandit alternates between leaning on a table to the left, and using a tanning rack. Two bandits are located in the lower part of the room, one of whom is the bandit leader. The bandit leader carries a journal describing the reason behind setting up camp in the cave. Around the campfire are four hay piles. By the wooden platform is a table with two chairs and a satchel, and behind that, under the platform, is a leveled soul gem and an apprentice-locked chest. Around the room are a lot more plants, there are five imp stools, four bleeding crowns, three fly amanitas, two blisterwort, and a namira's rot.
Through the tunnel to the southwest, where a rather pointless bone chime hangs, is the treasure room. To the right is a table with a satchel and a random potion, and straight ahead is a chest. To the south is a torch, and to the right of that is a pull chain that lowers a portion of the wall above the very first room. Through the treasure room and the ledge above the first room are more ingredients; three imp stools, two fly amanitas, and two namira's rot.