|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Sild the Warlock, Subjugated Ghosts,
|Horror of Castle Xyr
|Console Location Code(s)|
|RannveigsFastExterior01, RannveigsFastExterior02, RannveigsFastExterior03, RannveigsFast01|
|North of Swindler's Den
South of Cold Rock Pass
|Word Wall||Kyne's Peace|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
Rannveig's Fast is a Nordic ruin in the mountain range just south of Morthal, situated between Cold Rock Pass and Swindler's Den. It is the secret lair of Sild the Warlock, who is guarded by his ghost adventurer and subjugated ghosts.
The ruins has a large exterior area before the entrance, and one interior zone: Rannveig's Fast. The hostile ghosts can be found around the entrance as well as inside the ruins. The interior contains a word wall which teaches part of the shout Kyne's Peace, and also contains an unusual gem.
 Related Quests
- Arniel's Endeavor: Uncover an ancient Dwemer secret. (radiant)
- No Stone Unturned: Find the 24 gems to restore the Crown of Barenziah.
- Rannveig's Fast: Claim the force of power from Rannveig's Fast.
- Rannveig's Fast can be reached by going through Cold Rock Pass.
- There may be a leveled, spell-casting skeleton in the exterior of this place.
- Interestingly, after Sild the Warlock is slain, the subjugated ghosts continue to function.
- Clearing the dungeon before using the trap door results in the message "Door closed and Sild moved" - a debugging note left over from the area's development.
- A copy of the Destruction skill book Horror of Castle Xyr can be found in Sild the Warlock's room on a table.
- When you get to the word wall, you may encounter a bug where the word absorbs as normal but doesn't appear in the shout menu and you cannot unlock it. This appears to be permanent.
- If you avoid the pitfall trap and go down to the cage room via the side passageway, and attempt to pick the Expert-level lock on the door to the cage from the outside, the lockpicking screen will exit every time you break a pick, making it very difficult to unlock since the correct angle changes every time you leave the screen.
- You can get past this either by using the key carried by Sild, or by going back up and falling through the trap, as the bug does not occur if you pick the lock from the inside. (Be sure you have enough picks, however, or you can become permanently trapped here.)
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|
Sometimes the gate can be simply opened without pick locking or a key.