|Added by Add-On||Dawnguard|
|# of Zones||2|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Redwater Lookouts, Doorman, Dealer, Attendant, Addict, Bandit, Nobleman, Imperial Deserter, Vampires, Vampire's Thralls, Death Hounds, Venarus Vulpin|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West of Autumnshade Clearing|
|# of Alchemy Labs||2|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||3|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Workbenches||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||2|
|# of Iron||2|
|# of Gold||2|
You will discover that the drug den is actually a front for a group of vampires, who use a particularly nasty and addictive brew of skooma to ensure a constant supply of blood from helpless addicts.
 Related Quests
- The Bloodstone Chalice: Fill the Bloodstone Chalice from the Bloodspring at Redwater Den.
- Culling the Beast: Kill the thin-blooded vampires. (radiant)
- Onmund's Request: Help Onmund negotiate the return of a family amulet from Enthir. (radiant)
At first sight, this is only a falling-down old shack, guarded by a lookout out front. So long as you do not attack (or approach as a full-fledged vampire) he will direct you into the den, assuming you are after a skooma fix. Entering through a hole in the side wall, another lookout is seated in front of the fireplace. A copy of the Block skill book Battle of Red Mountain can be found on the nearby table. Somewhat hidden behind low walls in the corner is a trapdoor which leads into the interior of the den below.
 Zone 1: Redwater Den
Upon entering, a doorman warns you to keep your weapons sheathed. Further inside is a dealer behind a locked, gated counter, who will sell you skooma (or can be persuaded to give you some for free). Behind her is a door, which appears to lead to a basic stockroom. Past the counter is a corridor with booths on either side; an attendant walks the corridor, and in each room there are NPCs drinking Redwater skooma and surrounded by empty skooma bottles. At the end of the corridor is a locked gate, which the attendant warns you not to tamper with. From here, there are two options to continue forward:
- Pick the lock at the gate, turning the dealer and the attendant hostile to you if they observe it. After dealing with them you will proceed through the gate to a large open area filled with various alchemy ingredients, vampires, and their thralls. Fighting your way up the large ramp will lead you along, past a bridge with a lever, and more corridors. Slowly the amount of enemies will lessen, and death hounds will start joining the fights, until you reach a large open room filled solely with vampires and their hounds.
- Drink the skooma you got from the dealer. Your vision will blur, fade to black, and you will wake up in a large dim room filled with vampires, discussing the potency of the water and its effects on creating thralls. Unlocking the gate nearby will alert the vampires and put you back on the same path as above, allowing you to continue forward from the same point.
Regardless of the option chosen, you will end up in a large open area full of vampires. During the fight, be aware: there is a gate on the ground that is extremely hard to see due to the low lighting; if stepped on it will open, dropping you in a spike pit below the room and requiring you to climb the spiral ramp back out. A locked prisoner cell and an arcane enchanter can be found in this room, along with many barrels which presumably hold Redwater skooma. On the arcane enchanter, a bottle of Sleeping Tree sap can be found, and directly across from that are some shelves holding various ingredients. Making your way past some beds and a cooking pot, trek through some hallways to find a lever to lower the drawbridge over the previous area, and continue on. You'll run into more vampires and thralls, along with their hound companions. Another arcane enchanter can be found nearby, as well as many sleepable coffins. Eventually you will find the door to the next zone.
 Zone 2: Redwater Spring
Immediately in front of you on a table can be found the journal of the lead vampire who rediscovered the Bloodspring. Continuing on, fight some vampires and circle around to the right, where a small room contains a pull-chain which opens a path straight through the initial area further into the caves. Eventually, the path leads to a large chamber where you'll encounter the boss vampire, Venarus Vulpin (or a generic boss-leveled vampire if you haven't started the related quest), and his minions. He carries a key to the iron door at the end of this chamber, which leads to a large grotto and the source of the Bloodspring. Drinking directly from the spring as a vampire gives you the effect Tainted Blood of the Ancients, while as a non-vampire it will infect you with Sanguinare Vampiris and another disease. Repeated drinking will eventually infect you with every disease in the game (which can all be cured simultaneously with a single Cure Disease potion). Exiting from this room will take you through a hidden passageway into the Redwater skooma dealer's stockroom and out of the den. If you have not already killed them, the doorman near the den exit and the two lookouts outside will become hostile to you.
- All key-locked gates in this location can be unlocked with the Redwater Den Backrooms Key, which can be found on the dealer and attendant, as well as some of the vampires and thralls within. An additional copy can be found on a table next to the prisoner cell in the first cave-like chamber.
- In the first room past the locked gate, in the prisoner cell is a dead Novice Conjurer with the Spell Tome: Telekinesis next to her. The cell door has an adept lock on it, but you can pick up the tome and loot the body without opening the door.
- After completing The Bloodstone Chalice, every inhabitant left (except the dealer) living will turn into a vampire's thrall. However, these thralls in the shack won't turn hostile to you.
- This area exists and can be cleared no matter which side you align with in Dawnguard.