|Added by Plug-in||Dawnguard|
|# of Zones||2|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Redwater Lookouts, Doorman, Dealer, Attendant, Addict, Bandit, Nobleman, Imperial Deserter, Vampires, Vampire's Thralls, Death Hounds, Venarus Vulpin|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West of Autumnshade Clearing|
|# of Alchemy Labs||2|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||3|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Workbenches||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||2|
|# of Iron||2|
|# of Gold||2|
When first arriving here, you'll just see an old shack, guarded by a lookout at the front. If you make your way to the back, another lookout will be posted, seated in front of a fireplace. A copy of the Block skill book Battle of Red Mountain can be found on the table next to her. A trapdoor around the partial wall leads inside. Once you enter, a doorman warns you to keep your weapons sheathed. Further inside is a dealer behind a locked, gated counter, who can be persuaded to give you two bottles of Redwater skooma for free. Behind her is a door, which appears to lead to a basic stockroom. In front of the counter is a corridor with booths on either side; an attendant walks the corridor, and in each room there are NPCs drinking Redwater skooma and surrounded by empty skooma bottles. If you enter one of the rooms and drink the Redwater skooma, your character will pass out.
You will awaken behind a locked gate, discovering that you have been kidnapped, and are in a more cave-like area, filled with vampires and their thralls. You will still have all of your items. A locked prisoner cell and an arcane enchanter can be found in this room, along with many barrels which presumably hold Redwater skooma. On the arcane enchanter, a bottle of Sleeping Tree sap can be found, and directly across from that are some shelves holding various ingredients. Overhead, you'll see a path which ends abruptly, as the connecting drawbridge is raised.
Making your way past some beds and a cooking pot, trek through some hallways to find a lever to lower the drawbridge over the previous area, and continue on. You'll run into more vampires and thralls, along with two of their death hound companions. Another arcane enchanter can be found nearby, as well as many sleepable coffins.
A second zone, Redwater Spring, contains more vampires, thralls, and death hounds. It eventually leads to a large chamber where you'll encounter the boss vampire, Venarus Vulpin (or a generic boss-leveled vampire if you haven't started the related quest), and his minions. He carries a key to the wooden door at the end of this chamber, which leads to the Bloodspring. The Bloodspring is small, and several human bones can be found on the surface. Exiting from this room will lead to a hidden passageway through the Redwater skooma dealer's stockroom.
 Related Quests
- The Bloodstone Chalice: Fill the Bloodstone Chalice from the Bloodspring at Redwater Den.
- Culling the Beast: Kill the thin-blooded vampires. (radiant)
- Onmund's Request: Help Onmund negotiate the return of a family amulet from Enthir. (radiant)
- All key-locked gates in this location can be unlocked with the Redwater Den Backrooms Key, which can be found on the dealer and attendant, as well as some of the vampires and thralls within. An additional copy can be found on a table next to the prisoner cell in the first cave-like chamber.
- After completing The Bloodstone Chalice, every inhabitant left (except the dealer) living will turn into a vampire's thrall. However, these thralls in the shack won't turn hostile to you.
- Even if you side with the Dawnguard, you still have access to this place and the spring.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|