The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak with Florentius Baenius.
- Rescue a kidnap victim from vampires.
- Report back to Florentius.
 Detailed Walkthrough
- If Dragonborn is installed, some radiant locations may be on Solstheim. If you are in Skyrim, you will not receive a quest marker pointing you to the quest location, but must travel to Solstheim first (at which point any quest markers you have to quests in Skyrim will lose their quest markers).
- The victim can be nearly anyone with a positive disposition towards you, including followers and spouses.
- If the victim dies, before or after rescuing them, the objective will still count as completed.
- If the radiant location selected is Gallows Rock there will only be Silver Hand members inside; they will also kill the vampire for you.
- After completing one quest for Florentius Baenius, this quest may trigger unexpectedly when you next talk with the victim.
- The victim may thank you as if married to you, even if they aren't.
- The vampire that is holding the victim hostage may die immediately when you enter its dungeon home, completing that part of the quest without your help.
- The victim may be your current follower. If this is the case, you can simply talk to them, then go kill the vampire that Florentius points you to.
- If the victim is your spouse, they may not actually be kidnapped and will remain at your home requesting help, which triggers the quest incorrectly. The target location will have no vampire to kill, so you won't be able to complete the quest. It has been suggested that this also may actually have something to do with being a werewolf, because everytime you go to the place of rescue it says you have consumed a heart without actually doing so and you don't even have to be in werewolf form. However, the "spouse" bug has occurred in cases where the player has not joined the Companions, and is not a werewolf.
- The victim may continue on with the regular daily routine, and not stay in the dungeon with the vampire in it. If this happens, you can complete the quest by killing the vampire, then going and "rescuing" the victim wherever the victim has moved to. ?
 Quest Stages
||Florentius Baenius has learned that a <Alias=Vampire> has kidnapped <Alias=Prisoner> and is keeping <Alias.PronounObj=Prisoner> prisoner in <Alias=Dungeon>.
Objective 10: Rescue <Alias=Prisoner> from <Alias=Dungeon>
Objective 11: Kill the <Alias=Vampire>
Objective 11: Kill the <Alias=Vampire> (if vampire not killed)
Objective 10: Rescue <Alias=Prisoner> from <Alias=Dungeon> (if prisoner not rescued)
Objective 100: Return to Florentius Baenius
||Florentius Baenius learned that a <Alias=Vampire> kidnapped <Alias=Prisoner>. I rescued <Alias.PronounObj=Prisoner> from in <Alias=Dungeon>.