|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.
Riften Jail is the jail in Riften found below Mistveil Keep.
There is an entrance at the side of the main entrance of the Jarl residence.
In the rear of the cell there is a Shadowmark indicating an escape route. To the left of the Shadowmark is a button with the text "Activate Broken Shackle".
The Sewer part can also be entered through an opening south of the Riften docks without going through the jail. It contains the lockpicking skill book Advances in Lockpicking on a barrel.
 NPCs Found Here
 Related Quests
- There is an "Escape Route" Shadowmark on the wall of the cell.
- You can enter the cell by traveling through the tunnel network from outside and passing through the wall. This does not make the wall activate, so you will not be able to pass back into the tunnel.
- It is possible to enter Sibbi Black-Briar's cell by interacting with the chair through the wall from the adjacent cell. Once inside the cell, you are unable to return as the door will not open, and the bed in the neighboring cell is owned and not usable in the same way.
- You can exit the cell by alerting the guards (attacking Sibbi Black-Briar) and then sheathing your weapon. You need to submit to go to jail, and your stolen items will be put in the evidence chest.
- The Riften Jail key, which opens any of the empty cells, can be found just outside the evidence room (first right, then first left after entering).
- The Broken Shackle button to open up the escape route is broken, making it impossible to use that escape route.