|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|East of Sky Haven Temple
North of Old Hroldan Inn
|# of Smelters||1|
|# of Moonstone||5|
 Related Quests
- Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)
- Soljund's Sinkhole: Defeat the draugr in Soljund's Sinkhole.
 Zone 1: Soljund's Sinkhole
The mine is fairly small, spanning two or three rooms with a few draugr. However, you will find it caved into a draugr catacomb. You will have to jump in and find an alternate route back out. The draugr in the catacomb are usually more powerful than those in the mine.
You will find a circular room with a locked grate, a lever in the middle and two less obvious levers on the sides. Activating the two side levers should unlock the grate, while the central lever activates a dart trap. Beyond the grate you will find an upward spiraling passage followed by a closed iron door (watch out for a pressure plate trap just before this door).
The door opens on a room with a rectangular pool in the middle, and a group of draugr ready to fight. After dispatching the draugr, go into the water next to the altar with the candles to find a chest under the floor. The exit from this room is through another iron door, leading to a set of stairs (with another pressure plate trap). At the top of the stairs, a semi-hidden passage to your right will lead to a chest.
The passage to your left will lead to a large room containing a leveled boss (high-level draugr or even a dragon priest). The boss is aided by a pair of dragon-head totems behind him: one hurls a Firebolt in your direction at regular intervals (even if you are sneaking and undetected); the other heals the boss when necessary (if he is in range). Killing your enemy will stop the totems' effects.
After the fight, you will find a leveled chest between the totems, and a passage to a balcony and, eventually, back to the mine, in the room where the sinkhole is found.
 Notable Loot
- A copy of the Light Armor skill book Jornibret's Last Dance can be found on a table, after taking the left tunnel from the entrance, and climbing up on the scaffolding
- There are two moonstone ore veins in the same room as the skill book
- One vein lies in the room before you drop into the tomb
- Two more veins are in the final room with the boss and totems
- Two moonstone ore samples can be found on the same table as the skill book, and one more on the hay stack nearby
- Two refined moonstones are on a shelf in the room with the pool
- After the room with the pool, up the stairs there is a hidden passage behind the fallen stones to the far right. There is a room behind it with a chest
- In the room with the pool, a hole in the floor lets you enter an underwater section with another chest
- The draugr respawn, making the quest repeatable and possibly killing the miners should you enter while they're at work.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The guard at the mine will always be an Imperial guard, due to SoljundSinkholeLocation missing keywords for changing the garrison if the Stormcloaks take The Reach.