|# of Zones||1|
|Clearable||Yes (see bugs)|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Bandits, Kematu, Alik'r Warriors|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Iron||1|
 Related Quests
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo.
- Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a bandit hideout.
- Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item.
- Retrieval: Journey to a random location to retrieve a fragment of Wuuthrad.
- Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain.
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
 Zone 1: Swindler's Den
Upon entering follow a narrow trail downward opening into a large chamber where two bandits are discussing current events. There is a table and various food stuffs scattered about the room along with a patch of white caps. In the rear of the room, on a ledge illuminated by a hole in the roof, is an unlocked chest. The pathway out of this room is also in the rear of the chamber on the north wall. Along the way, pass an illuminated alcove to the left, with some random weaponry. Emerge onto a landing overlooking a second chamber with a cook fire and two bandits attending. South of the spit, in a small recess, find a satchel and a random potion. To the right of the exit, atop a crate, is an iron helmet and iron gauntlets.
Following the corridor onward will lead to the large third chamber with three bandits on the main floor and an additional caster up on the loft to the right. Upon entering the chamber and engaging the bandits at least two additional bandits, as well as the caster that was on the loft, will begin arriving from the adjoining room via the passage on the north wall. On the back wall, some loose gold, an amethyst, a silver necklace, and a coin purse are sitting on a small table. The table may be disrupted during the melee, so the loot may end up scattered on the ground.
Continue through the north passage where the bandits were emerging to come to a split-level room with salmon on a drying rack. An unlocked chest is directly ahead on the wooden deck. On a bedroll by the campfire, you will find a copy of the Pickpocket skill book Thief, and assorted groceries on a table along the south wall. Just to the left of the exit, on top of a rock formation, find two refined malachite ingots and a gold ingot in an open wooden box. Proceed through the passage as it turns west to emerge onto the loft overlooking the large third chamber. On the western edge of the loft is patch of imp stool. Watch for two bear traps at the mouth of the passage leading out.
Proceed through the passage as it turns south and opens up into a water-filled chamber. On the south and north-west walls are Nordic barnacle clusters. The water is initially chest-high, but becomes shallow as you approach the waterfall. Pass through the waterfall. Before heading up the wooden ramp, search behind the ramp towards the back wall, to find a submerged random potion. At the top of the ramp to the right find the boss chest, and to the left a growth of Namira's rot. Move forward through the passage heading north to come to an alcove lit by a brazier with a rock ramp leading up. Find an iron ore deposit in the wall at the base of the ramp. Ascending the rock ramp will lead to the overhang in the first chamber, thus completing the tour of Swindler's Den. Jump down from the overhang and make your exit.
- It is possible to climb up to the eastern ledge in the first chamber, which will allow you to backtrack through the den and reach the boss and his chest without fighting most of the cave's inhabitants.
- South of Swindler's Den is a shrine of Stendarr. Sitting on the altar are a goblet, a guaranteed flawless amethyst, a salt pile, a copy of the Enchanting skill book Twin Secrets, and a strongbox which may contain up to two random leveled gems, two random leveled pieces of jewelry, and/or some gold.
- Due west of the den is an unmarked shrine of Zenithar, set against a large boulder.
- If you side with Kematu in the quest In My Time Of Need, he will still appear at the back of this cave, even after he has supposedly left for Hammerfell.
- The normal bandit boss here is not tagged as a boss, preventing the location from being marked as cleared.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.