|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
 Detailed Walkthrough
While on the roads near Nilheim, you will see a man on the ground, apparently injured, who will ask you for help. This is Telrav, who will tell you that bandits have just attacked and looted his cart. He will then ask you for your help in killing the bandits and saving the cart.
He will get up from the ground and walk—with surprising energy for a man who has just been attacked—towards the ruins of Nilheim. Before entering Nilheim he will remark "We're close now. I can see the camp....It's just across the bridge and up that hill."
Upon reaching Nilheim, things will take a very different turn.
Bandits will quickly emerge from their hiding places and become hostile. Telrav will also turn hostile and must be killed. Telrav should prove to be a relatively easy kill, as he is not particularly strong and wears no armor. Unfortunately, the bandits are leveled and may be a bit of a problem for some players. After all of the bandits and Telrav have been dealt with, you are free to loot any of the bodies and containers in the fort, including Telrav, who will sometimes have several hundred septims on his corpse.
- If you kill Telrav while escorting him to the Nilheim camp, the quest will stick at "Escort Telrav to his camp".
- If all of Telrav's men are killed before he arrives at his camp, he will yell out "M-My men!? What have you done to my men!?" and will then attack you. It is relatively easy to back away and hide from him. This will sometimes make him neutral and break off the attack. Thus it can be very difficult to tell if you are in a fair fight or assaulting him. The easy way to tell is check the number of assaults you have in your statistics then check again after killing him.
- If you search the cliffs adjacent to the tower you will find a number of dead bodies, suggesting that Telrav and his associates' ploy has been quite effective in the past.
- If you bypass Telrav and head on to Nilheim, the bandits are labeled as guards and won't attack. If you then return to Telrav to initiate the quest, he will walk up to the camp, tell you to wait for your reward, and when the guards don't attack, he will walk back to where he started and sit back down. He won't give any reward and no further dialogue options are available. If you go ahead and attack him, it counts as an assault but not a murder.
- He will go back to where he started too if you used sneak to get unseen during the battle.
- Dragon attacks near Nilheim may involve Telrav and his "Guards". If Telrav and his cohorts are spoken to before returning to their respective locations, it is possible to have both the "Escort..." and "Kill..." quest stages simultaneously. The guards return to their camp and then attack as bandits while Telrav returns to his roadside location and remains unresponsive, rendering the "Escort..." quest uncompleteable and forcing you to attack in order to complete the "Kill..." quest.
 Quest Stages
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|