Skyrim:Thane of Falkreath
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Radiant Options
 Quick Walkthrough
- Befriend the Jarl of Falkreath.
- Assist people of the hold three times.
- Return to the Jarl for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
This is an umbrella quest for several other quests that must be completed if you wish to become Thane of Falkreath. In order to receive it, you first aid the current Jarl of Falkreath - Dengeir or Siddgeir depending on your game choices. The previous quest will either be to kill a Bandit Leader if Siddgeir is Jarl; the Stormcloaks can take over Falkreath either by Rescue from Fort Neugrad or Season Unending, and either way Dengeir will allow you to start this quest. The Jarl requires you to assist the citizens of Falkreath Hold three times in order to become Thane. This can be difficult as there are only a limited number of quests in the hold and the quest givers are non-essential, which could result in their death and irrevocable loss of potential quests.
Starting Siddgeir's Bandit Leader quest can be tricky. If you have Hearthfire installed, then at level 9, a courier letter will be sent from the Jarl of Falkreath. Reading it will trigger the Falkreath version of Build Your Own Home and when this quest is running, talking to Siddgeir will allow you to start the Bandit Leader quest without any prerequisites. However, the normal prerequisite for the quest is Rare Gifts, a radiant quest which can be given by six different people. If you have received this quest from any of the other five, then you cannot receive it from Siddgeir, and you must complete the quest for the other person before you can get it from Siddgeir.
 Ways to Assist Citizens
- Complete favor quests for citizens from the region. Highlighted quests can be easily completed without any skill use.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)|
|Hert||Half-Moon Mill||Chop Wood: Get paid to chop firewood. (radiant)||
|Dengeir of Stuhn||Some Light Theft||Some Light Theft: Do a favor by stealing an item. (radiant)||
|Mathies||Corpselight Farm||Gather Wheat: Get paid to gather crops. (radiant)||
|Runil||Hall of the Dead||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Thadgeir||Dengeir's House||Delivery: Deliver an item to an associate. (radiant)||
Note that if Dengeir is Jarl, he will not give out his personal quests. If you completed Some Light Theft for him before making him Jarl then it will still count towards assisting the citizens of Falkreath.
- Drop some armor pieces in front of citizens and let them have it when they request it.
- Invest 500 gold in a store, such as Gray Pine Goods.
Bounty quests will get you some money but will not help you become thane.
The reward, the Blade of Falkreath, is a random, leveled, enchanted sword. There is a 50% chance that it will be a sword (one-handed), and a 50% chance it will be a greatsword (two-handed). You will also receive a pittance of gold and the title of Thane for Falkreath Hold. With the Hearthfire add-on, you will also be rewarded a personal housecarl, Rayya.
- The quest may become nearly impossible to complete if Lod dies for any reason or if you finish the Rescue from Fort Neugrad quest of the Stormcloaks before you enter Falkreath because the game does not accept radiant quests as favors. On the PC, this can be fixed with the console codes
setstage favorjarlsmakefriends 95and
setstage favor258 20
- Assistance to citizens done prior to accepting this quest counts towards the total.
- Siddgeir may become stuck in a "Foe" relationship with you if you've killed his housecarl for the Dark Brotherhood (even if you did it secretly). If so, he'll never grant you Thaneship.
- You can fix this with the console command
player.setrelationshiprank 00019822 2
- If you are playing on a console, it's worth noting that if Siddgeir is no longer Jarl, the new Jarl will grant you Thaneship.
- You can fix this with the console command
 Quest Stages
|Thane of Falkreath (Favor258)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 15: Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 25, 200.