Skyrim:Thane of Winterhold
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Befriend the Jarl of Winterhold.
- Assist the people of the hold.
- Return to the jarl for your reward.
This is an umbrella quest for several other quests that must be completed to become Thane of Winterhold.
The reward, the Blade of Winterhold, is a random, leveled, enchanted sword. There is a 50% chance that it will be a sword (one-handed), and a 50% chance it will be a greatsword (two-handed).
Although the population of the town is sparse, there are many possibilities. Some will count even though completed before this quest is accepted:
- Malur Seloth issues the quest Some Light Theft.
- Haran at the Frozen Hearth will ask you to talk to Ranmir and get him to settle his debt.
- Helping the mages or students of the college will count.
- Drevis Neloren is a good first stop for the Out of Balance quest.
- Sergius Turrianus may ask you to fetch five (empty) leveled soul gems, and is easily done with so many mage vendors around.
- Brelyna's Practice
- J'zargo's Experiment
- The Black Star, Azura’s quest, counts towards the goal because Nelacar (if you choose to go to him) is a Winterhold citizen.
After accepting the quest:
- Giving Ranmir at the Frozen Hearth a drink will count towards the quest.
- Drowned Sorrows, a quest given by Dagur, is not a good quest to pick as it is often subject to a glitch with the journal and thus will not update.
- Completing Harsh Master for Kjar in Windhelm counts toward this achievement as he is considered a Winterhold citizen.
|Thane of Winterhold (Favor257)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 15: Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 25, 200.