The Aetherium Forge is a large forge guarded by Dwarven Automatons. It can be located by reading a book called The Aetherium Wars. Reading the book gives you the miscellaneous quest to investigate the ruins.
After defeating some lesser Dwarven Automatons, you will encounter The Forgemaster, a special Dwarven Centurion that has a Flame Cloak-like power and shoots flames or a fireball instead of steam. After defeating it, you can obtain extra materials in a nearby chest to use the Aetherium Forge. You can create three different items but can use the forge only once.
 Related Quests
- There is a locked small chest behind the waterfall.
- There is an enchanted - leveled Dwarven Battleaxe under a juniper bush above the main pond.
- Multiple soul gems can be found underwater near the entrance and near the sealed gate.
- There is a locked small chest left the sealed gate.
- If you have high fire resistant gear or the Become Ethereal shout, you can jump in the lava behind the forge by using the ramp on either side, then make a U turn to use the gate on either side in the corner of the lava area closest to the corresponding ramp, to access two areas that contain one chest each and some dwemer scraps and loop back around to the forge area, directly above the first two accessible chests.
- There is a large chest located across the lava, near the back wall on the left, up a small ramp (still causes damage) if you are facing the forge.
- Additionally, if you haven't got the Become Ethereal shout, you can Whirlwind Sprint to the rocks in the lava to reach the gates and chests in the lava areas.