Skyrim:The Bannered Mare
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Plains District of Whiterun|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Wood Chopping Blocks||1|
The inn has two stories split into multiple rooms. On the first floor there is the main hall, a small bedroom, and the kitchen. The second floor contains three bedrooms split across two areas. Sitting in any seat in the inn will cause Hulda to call Saadia to serve the player, and she will then seek out the player and offer to sell food and drinks.
The main hall centers around a fire next to which are two benches and a chair. Mikael stands next to the chair when performing, and any of the town's NPCs may dance while he performs. Sinmir will stay in this area, alternating between sitting, standing, and occasionally dancing. On either side of the front door are small tables with three chairs, and on the southern side is another table with two chairs. To the south of the fire is the bar with two stools with Hulda leaning on the counter. There is ale, plates, and other items behind the counter. There is a locked chest below the candles, and on top of the cupboard on the other side of the candles there is a mammoth tusk. To the east is another table with two chairs, where Uthgerd sits. The eastern main floor bedroom is quite small, containing one unusable (owned) bed and three cupboards.
The kitchen contains one table with two chairs, a cooking spit, the inn's business ledger and strongbox (apprentice locked), and various foods and ingredients spread out on the food table, a cupboard, shelves, barrels, and hanging from the ceiling. The unique Argonian Ale can be found on the cupboard. The inn's back door is on the western wall between the table and the cooking spit, and the inn's wood chopping block outside can be freely used.
The bedroom that is rented to the player can be accessed by the stairs in the northwestern corner of the main hall. It contains one double bed, a dresser, and two end tables. Below the stairs are some inaccessible boxes and some sacks, and at the top of the stairs there is a cupboard. On the landing through the bedroom is another cupboard and two chairs.
The stairs in the kitchen lead to another two bedrooms, and the hall between them contains a wardrobe. The southern bedroom is Hulda's, and contains an end table and a dresser. On top of the dresser is a drum, and a lute can be found on a table. The northern bedroom is Saadia's during her quest. Her room contains an unusable (owned) bed, an end table, and a wardrobe.
|Saadia||Until completion of In My Time of Need if you side with the Alik'r, or always if you side with her|
|Sinmir||Until Whiterun is captured by the Stormcloaks|
|Uthgerd the Unbroken||If she is not following you|
|Ysolda||If Hulda dies|
|Gaius Maro||Turdas evenings during Breaching Security|
|Mallus Maccius||At the start of Dampened Spirits|
|Eimar||At the start of Dampened Spirits|
|Amaund Motierre||After Hail Sithis! is started|
|Rexus||After Hail Sithis! is started|
 Related Quests
- Argonian Ale Extraction: Brenuin longs for the taste of Argonian Ale. Can you steal some for him?
- Breaching Security: Kill and frame the son of a high-ranking Imperial guard.
- Dampened Spirits: Put Maven Black-Briar's competition out of business.
- A Few Words with You: Do a favor by talking to someone about a problem. (radiant)
- Fight! Fight!: Prove your strength by wagering on a fist fight with another. (radiant)
- Hail Sithis!: One of the biggest contracts in Brotherhood history is yours to fulfill.
- In My Time Of Need: Find the Redguard, Saadia, who is on the run from Hammerfell.
- The Whispering Door: Investigate Nelkir's story of a Whispering Lady behind a locked door.
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
 Displayed Merchandise
The following items are sitting out in the store, for example on the store counters. They can be purchased from the merchant, or else can be stolen. Other items may also be present in the store, but those other items are not available for purchase. They respawn after ten days.
 Standard Merchandise
This is the merchandise found in the inn's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|10||Random inn food|
- There is a "Loot" shadowmark to the bottom right of the entrance door. There is a mammoth tusk, a locked chest, a strong box, and many food items in the store. The store also contains the unique Argonian Ale, found on the kitchen cupboard.
- Selling firewood to Hulda makes low value items freely available, including two Well Rested beds (Hulda's and rentable).
- You may only need to pay for the rented bed once, as it does not always revert to being owned after 24 hours.
- You cannot sit on the bench nearest the counter.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Sometimes Rexus will not be here but will still be in Volunruud.
- Sometimes when you run into Mikael while he plays on his lute he will put away his lute, but you will still hear it.