Skyrim:The Battle for Fort Dunstad (Stormcloaks)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Get your orders from Galmar Stone-Fist at the Pale Stormcloak Camp.
- Meet the Stormcloaks east of the fort.
- Take the fort.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Receiving Orders
You will only be assigned this quest if you chose to give The Pale to the Imperial Legion during the quest Season Unending. Go to Pale Stormcloak Camp and talk to Galmar Stone-Fist. Galmar will tell you to go to Fort Dunstad and meet the Stormcloaks preparing for the attack.
 Assaulting the Fort
Head northwest and join up with the men east of the fort. Speak to the leader of this force, and he will agree to attack as soon as you're ready. If necessary, take a few moments to prepare, and then lead the charge up the southeastern road. It is easiest to begin the battle at the front entrance and work your way into the fort, and you will be required to eliminate all of the Imperials. Your journal will keep track of the percentage of enemies left. While tanking warriors may prefer to simply wade into the fray, the fort also has several towers which are ideal for archers to fire from.
 Conquering Hero
Once the enemy is fully vanquished, you need to head back Windhelm and Ulfric Stormcloak. He bestows upon you the title of Bone-Breaker, and gives you a leveled weapon in honor of this new rank, as well as the ability to purchase a home in Windhelm. He will now give you your next assignment in the Liberation of Skyrim.
- Bodies will usually disappear after they have been killed; this is to stop lagging.
- Not all the enemies are present at the start of the mission; they will spawn when enough are killed.
- More enemies will spawn than are needed to kill.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 50, 300, 400, 500, 910, 920, 1000, 2000, 9200, 9999