Skyrim:The Bedlam Job
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Steal 500 gold in goods from the target city.
- Return to Delvin.
 Detailed Walkthrough
"Sometimes we like to remind a city that we mean business, so we hit it hard. Just steal whatever we can until we've made an impression. Simple right? Almost. The catch is it doesn't count if anyone sees you take it. The message needs to be clear; we work in the shadows. Steal from anywhere in the hold, and you even get to keep everythin' you stole. So, you in?"
If you accept the job, Delvin will give you a city as a target, although you can in fact steal from anywhere in that city's hold. Your objective is to lift 500 gold worth of general loot without being seen by anyone or caught by the guards.
Once the target has been reached, return to Delvin to a leveled amount of gold. The five major holds in Skyrim can be target locations, as well as Raven Rock in Solstheim if Dragonborn is installed (see bugs).
If for whatever reason you want to quit the job, whether to acquire a different job or a different city, you can tell Delvin at any time. He grumbles, but there is no actual penalty, no matter how many jobs you quit.
- Unlike quests such as the Sweep Job or other collection quests, this quest will not have a visible counter telling you how far you have progressed.
- Picking pockets, even if successful, does not count towards this quest.
- Items obtained in The Sweep Job and The Burglary Job count towards the 500 gold, provided they take place in the same hold as The Bedlam Job, despite having zero value.
- Picking up a Stone of Barenziah from an owned house in the hold related to the job will complete the objective, despite the stones showing a value of 200 and not being marked as "stolen".
- You keep all the items you've stolen, and they can be fenced in addition to the gold reward.
- It is not necessary to get arrested to fail this quest - merely being detected while breaking the law is sufficient. This includes trespassing and lockpicking (unless you have Quick Hands).
- It is impossible to complete this quest if you are sent to Raven Rock.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can complete the quest manually via the console using the following console command:
setstage TGRNT 50.
- If you do get the job in Raven Rock, the only way to clear it and to receive other jobs from Delvin is to either tell him that you want to quit, or intentionally get caught. There are no negative consequences for quitting.