Skyrim:The Forgemaster's Fingers
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This article is about the quest. For the item, see The Forgemaster's Fingers (item).
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Approach an Orc stronghold.
- Speak with a member of the Orc stronghold.
- Retrieve The Forgemaster's Fingers.
- Return The Forgemaster's Fingers to the chief of that stronghold.
 Detailed Walkthrough
When you first approach any Orc stronghold, a guard will stop you and tell you that the stronghold is exclusively for Orcs and no outsiders will be permitted inside. However, if you ask the Orc how they can be persuaded to give you access, the guard will tell you to reclaim an item: The Forgemaster's Fingers. This item, which grants the wielder a +12 bonus to Smithing, can be collected from the randomly determined location.
When you return and give the Forgemaster's Fingers to the chief, you will be permitted to enter all strongholds and will be named Blood-Kin of the Orcs.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can receive from an Orc living in any Orc stronghold. You will be asked to bring the item back to that stronghold's chief. The location of the quest item is randomly determined based upon the quest-giver's hold (see table below for specific options).
|Orc Stronghold: Dushnikh Yal (The Reach)|
|Arob||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Chief Burguk||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Dulug||Dushnikh Mine||Chief Burguk|
|Ghak||Dushnikh Mine||Chief Burguk|
|Gharol||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Ghorbash the Iron Hand||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Mahk||Dushnikh Mine||Chief Burguk|
|Murbul||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Nagrub||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Oglub||Dushnikh Mine||Chief Burguk|
|Shel||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Umurn||Burguk's Longhouse||Chief Burguk|
|Orc Stronghold: Largashbur (The Rift)|
|Atub||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Chief Yamarz||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Garakh||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Gularzob||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Lob||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Ogol||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Ugor||Largashbur Longhouse||Chief Yamarz|
|Orc Stronghold: Mor Khazgur (The Reach)|
|Bagrak||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Borgakh the Steel Heart||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Chief Larak||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Ghamorz||Mor Khazgur Mine||Chief Larak|
|Gul||Mor Khazgur Mine||Chief Larak|
|Olur||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Sharamph||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Shuftharz||Larak's Longhouse||Chief Larak|
|Orc Stronghold: Narzulbur (Eastmarch)|
|Bolar||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Bor||Gloombound Mine||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Chief Mauhulakh||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Dushnamub||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Gadba gro-Largash||Gloombound Mine||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Mogdurz||Gloombound Mine||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Mul gro-Largash||Gloombound Mine||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Uglarz||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Urog||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
|Yatul||Mauhulakh's Longhouse||Chief Mauhulakh|
Possible dungeons depend upon the chief for whom you are doing the quest:
- For Chief Burguk or Chief Larak: Broken Tower Redoubt, Bruca's Leap Redoubt, Deepwood Redoubt, Dragontooth Crater, Druadach Redoubt, Dustman's Cairn, Hag Rock Redoubt, Harmugstahl, Rebel's Cairn, Red Eagle Redoubt
- For Chief Mauhulakh: Ansilvund, Cragslane Cavern, Cragwallow Slope, Cronvangr Hall, Gallows Rock, Lost Knife Hideout, Morvunskar, Stony Creek Cave, Uttering Hills Camp
- For Chief Yamarz: Boulderfall Cave, Broken Helm Hollow, Clearspring Tarn, Faldar's Tooth, Fallowstone Cave, Geirmund's Hall, Honeystrand Grove, Lost Tongue Overlook, Northwind Summit, Pinepeak Cavern, Rift Watchtower, Treva's Watch
- This quest is not offered to Orcs, who are automatically allowed full access to all Orc strongholds.
- Becoming Blood-Kin by completing certain quests will also grant you access to Orc strongholds, and make this quest unavailable.
- The potential quest givers are identified based on membership in the CrimeFactionOrcs faction.
- If you do the quest The Cursed Tribe beforehand, you will automatically become Blood-Kin, though it is not explicitly mentioned.
- If you steal something when you enter a stronghold, and then pay off your fine, you will become accepted into the stronghold as a member.
- The quest may fail to activate after agreeing to do the favor.
- Possible workaround: Adding the gloves to your inventory via the console, then offering to do the quest again, will properly trigger the quest log entry, you can then remove the gloves via console and continue the quest as normal.
- Alternatively, after you go to one stronghold and try to accept the quest, go to another stronghold and try to accept the quest again.
- Or enter the stronghold you're at and speak to the orc that tried to give you the quest again. The option to ask how to enter should be there still.
- Saving the game, restarting Skyrim, then repeating the dialog may also fix the quest trigger.
 Quest Stages
|The Forgemaster's Fingers (FavorOrcsIntro)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Find the Forgemaster's Fingers
Objective 20: Bring the Forgemaster's Fingers to <Alias.ShortName=Chief>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 15, 100, 200.