|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Do a few side missions for the vampires (must have a spouse).
- Speak to Vingalmo to ask to help out.
- Use Vampire's Seduction on your spouse and feed.
- Return to Vingalmo.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After a few side missions with the vampires, you will be directed to Vingalmo (if you have a spouse). He will talk about how he knows you have a spouse and then set you off on a quest to give your spouse Lord Harkon's gift.
- This quest will not be offered if you are married to any of the following people:
- Your spouse will turn hostile if you turn into a vampire lord in front of him or her.
- Marrying after you become a vampire lord may increase your chances of getting the quest.
- There is a chance you'll accidentally make your spouse a vampire by feeding from them while they sleep, before actually receiving the quest. This makes them hostile and triggers the quest with a blank description, with the instruction to return to Vingalmo.
- The actual dialogue does not match up with subtitles after the spouse is turned into a vampire.
- If your spouse is reserved for use in another quest, this quest will not run until the other one completes. In some cases, this may mean the quest will never run at all, since some reservations are permanent.
- Even when you turn your spouse into a vampire, they will not be detectable by the Detect Dead spell and will still be affected by the Detect Life spell.
- The spouse's eyes may remain unchanged.
- Sometimes if you speak to your spouse before using Vampire's Seduction on them, you may not be given the option to feed on them. ?
- Reload to a previous save and use Vampire's Seduction on your spouse before speaking to them to fix this.
- If you turn Senna into a vampire, her eyes may disappear. ?
 Quest Stages
|The Gift (DLC1RV06)
||Vingalmo has "suggested" I bestow the Gift of Harkon's Blood upon my spouse, <Alias=Spouse>. I should first render <Alias.PronounObj=Spouse> pliant through the use of Vampire's Seduction then embrace and bite <Alias.PronounObj=Spouse> on the neck. If I currently lack the power, I should forego feeding for a day as I will gain the ability. I should then return to Vingalmo while <Alias=Spouse> undergoes the change.
Objective 10: Mesmerize and turn <Alias=Spouse> into a vampire.
Objective 100: Return to Vingalmo
||I have bestowed the Gift of Harkon's Blood upon my spouse, <Alias=Spouse>, at Vingalmo's "suggestion."
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 50, 70.